Jones County Junior College
|Jones County Junior College|
|Jones County Agricultural High School|
|Established||September 18, 1911|
|President||Dr. Jesse Smith, Ph.D.|
|Location||Ellisville, Mississippi, USA|
|Campus||Rural, 360 acres|
|Colors||Maroon and Gold|
|Mascot||Bruiser the Bobcat|
Jones County Junior College is a junior college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools located in Ellisville, Mississippi. JCJC serves its eight-county district consisting of Clarke, Covington, Greene, Jasper, Jones, Perry, Smith and Wayne counties. The college holds membership in the Mississippi Association of Colleges, the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges and the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges. In 2014 the men's basketball team defeated Indian Hills Community College to win the NJCAA National Championship.
- Charles W. Pickering, former Mississippi state senator and retired U.S. District Court Judge
- Stacey Pickering, State Auditor of Mississippi
- Chris McDaniel, an attorney, conservative commentator and a Republican politician in the Mississippi Senate
- Red West, actor
- Jackie Parker, football player, member of the college football and CFL halls of fame.
- Deion Branch, NFL football player and MVP of Super Bowl XXXIX
- "IHCC-Jones County NJCAA National Championship Game". KTVO-TV via station website. 22 March 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Charles W. Pickering, Sr.". fjc.gov. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- Super Bowl XXXIX