From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joubert is a French surname. It is a regional variant form of Jaubert, mainly found previously in the centre west and centre south of France. This surname is very popular in South Africa and Namibia.
It may refer to:
- Joubert's Pass, mountain pass in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
- Joubert syndrome, a genetic disorder
- Joubert, a manuscript, now lost, that contained a version of the Chronicle of Montpellier
- Barthelemy Catherine Joubert, French general
- David Joubert, South African general, nephew of Petrus Jacobus Joubert
- Léopold Louis Joubert (1842 – 1927), French soldier and lay missionary in the Belgian Congo.
- Petrus Jacobus Joubert, South African general
- Philip Joubert de la Ferté, British air marshal
- John Joubert (composer), British composer
- The Joubert Singers, choir, notable for "Stand on the Word"
- Phyliss McKoy-Joubert, composer, most notably for "Stand on the Word"
- André Joubert, South African rugby union player
- Burt Joubert, South African archer
- Brian Joubert, French figure skater
- Craig Joubert, South African rugby union referee
- Ernst Joubert, South African rugby union player
- Marius Joubert, South African rugby union player
- Danie Joubert, South African sprinter
- Elsa Joubert, South African writer in Afrikaans
- Gideon Joubert, South African author and journalist
- Jacqueline Joubert, French television presenter
- John Joubert, American serial killer
- Joseph Joubert, French man of letters
- Laurent Joubert (1529-1582), French physician
- Pierre Joubert (illustrator), French illustrator
- Fritz Joubert Duquesne (1877–1956), South African Boer soldier, hunter, journalist, stockbroker, saboteur, spy, and adventurer
Notes and references
- Albert Dauzat (Foreword by Marie-Thérèse Morlet), Noms et prénoms de France, éditions Larousse 1980. p. 346b.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Joubert. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|