Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
|Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Phys.: Condens. Matter|
|Discipline||condensed matter physics|
|Edited by||Jason Gardner|
IOP Publishing (United Kingdom)
|Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter (1989–present); Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physics (1968–1988); Journal of Physics F: Metal Physics (1971–1988); along with other previous journals|
|Frequency||50 per year|
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter is a weekly, peer reviewed, scientific journal, established in 1989, and published by the IOP Publishing. This journal reports on all areas of condensed matter physics including soft matter and nanostructures. This journal publishes papers (experimental, theoretical and simulation studies) that contain fundamental condensed matter science. The editor-in-chief is Jason Gardner of National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center in Taiwan and the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation . Gardner previously worked at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Former titles history
This journal was formed by a merger of Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physics (1968–1988) and Journal of Physics F: Metal Physics (1971–1988).
This publication is also derived from the following former titles, either partially, or from a past, total merger: Metal Physics (1970); Proceedings of the Physical Society (1958–1967); Proceedings of the Physical Society. Section A (1949–1957); Proceedings of the Physical Society. Section B (1949–1957); Proceedings of the Physical Society (1926–1948); Proceedings of the Physical Society (1874–1925); and Transactions of the Optical Society (1899–1931)
Papers are published under the following subject sections:
- Surface, interface and atomic-scale science
- Liquids, soft matter and biological physics
- Nanostructures and nanoelectronics
- Solid structure and lattice dynamics
- Electronic structure
- Correlated electrons
- Superconductors and metals
- Dielectrics and ferroelectrics
- Magnetism and magnetic materials
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is abstracted / indexed in the following databases:
- Aerospace and High Technology Database
- Chemical Abstracts
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- Google Scholar
- International Nuclear Information System
- Mass Spectrometry Bulletin
- NASA Astrophysics Data System
- VINITI Abstracts Journal (Referativnyi Zhurnal)
- Warwick University Physics page. Retrieved 2013-09-20
- See OCLC number (link) in infobox. WorldCat. OCLC database. September 2010
- "Home page". IOP Publishing (IOP). September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- CASSI Source index. ISSN 0953-8984 search. American Chemical Society. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-12
- "Proceedings of the Physical Society. Section B" (Volume 70). Journal history. IOP Publishing (IOP). January 1 to December 1, 1957. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- http://iopscience.iop.org/0953-8984/page/Scope Retrieved 2013-07-09
- Journal Archive Institute of Physics Publishing. (Journals). September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-13.