|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||R&B, pop, pop rap, Korean hip hop, dance|
|Associated acts||LUV H.O.T.|
|Past members||Jang Woo Hyuk
Lee Jae Won
jtL (제이티엘) was a South Korean dance music group, consisting of the former H.O.T. members who did not stay with SM Entertainment- Jang Woo Hyuk, Tony An and Lee Jae Won. The group was named after the initials of the members' stage name. After the release of their second album Run Away, the group have been inactive for 7 years and the band members are each pursuing solo careers.
When the group debuted in 2001 with single "A Better Day", which covered a 2001 song "A Better Day" by Norwegian band Multicyde, again based on the 1977 Norwegian song "Vårsøg", member Tony An claimed that promoting their song has had been difficult due to strained relationship with Lee Soo Man, the producer of SM Entertainment. Lee blocked the music video from various Korean entertainment broadcasts which drew angry reactions from the group's fans, some of whom egged the building of the company in southern Seoul. The members of the group also had strained relationships between Kangta and Moon Hee Jun after the two chose to stay with SM Entertainment. However, after appearances on 'X-Man', it appears that Tony and Kangta are on good terms the same goes for Moon Hee Jun and Jang Woo Hyuk who both appeared on variety show Heroine.
In 2003 the group won the favorite artist of Korea at the MTV Asia Awards.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of Birth|
|Woohyuk||우혁||Jang Woo-hyuk||장우혁||張佑赫||May 8, 1978|
|Tony An||토니안||An Seung-ho||안승호||安勝浩||June 7, 1978|
|Jaewon||재원||Lee Jae-won||이재원||李在元||April 5, 1980|
- 1 - Enter the Dragon (2001)
- 1.5 - Love Story (2002)
- 2 - Run Away (2003)
- During a variety show during H.O.T.'s 5th album era, Jang Woo Hyuk stated that he would want to work with Tony An, but also added he decided to work with Lee Jae Won. After H.O.T.'s fall, he would work with both of them in jtL.
- The song "One Night Lover" uses the rhythm and melody of the Stevie Wonder song Part Time Lover
- The bands song "A Better Day" is based on the Norwegian band Multicyde's song with the same title. That song traces back to an old Norwegian song by Henning Sommero, which is based on an old Norwegian poem, "Vårsøg" by Hans Hyldbakk in, written in 1945.
|2002||Best Male Group||"A Better Day"||Nominated|
|2003||"Without Your Love"||Nominated|
|Best Dance Performance||Nominated|
- (English) Beginning of My Inferiority Complex
- (English) Dedicated To H.O.T (DTH) J.T.L -An International English Fan Site
- JTL on empas people
-  Club H.O.T in Vietnam - JTL
|This article on a Korean band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|