Judson Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota
|Judson Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||37.2 sq mi (96.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||16.1/sq mi (6.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664590|
Public Land Survey System (PLSS) of the United States: Township 108 North, Range 28 West, Fifth Meridian, 23,193 Acres. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 37.2 square miles (96 km2), of which 36.6 square miles (95 km2) is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2) (1.61%) is water.
The north quarter of the city of Lake Crystal is within this township geographically but is a separate entity.
- Judson at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Horseshoe Lake
- Lily Lake
- Lake Crystal (north half)
- Mcgibneys Lake
- Mennenga Lake
- Rush Lake (west half)
- Nicollet Township, Nicollet County (north)
- Belgrade Township, Nicollet County (northeast)
- South Bend Township (east)
- Rapidan Township (southeast)
- Garden City Township (south)
- Lincoln Township (southwest)
- Butternut Valley Township (west)
- Cambria Township (northwest)
- Courtland Township, Nicollet County (northwest)
The 2000 census enumerated 591 people, 232 households, and 168 families residing in the township. The population density was 16.1 people per square mile (6.2/km²). There were 238 housing units at an average density of 6.5/sq mi (2.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.66% White and 0.34% Asian. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.17% of the population.
There were 232 households out of which 32.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.4% were married couples living together, 3.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.2% were non-families. 21.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the township the population was spread out with 23.2% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 23.7% from 25 to 44, 30.3% from 45 to 64, and 15.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 98.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $46,071, and the median income for a family was $53,958. Males had a median income of $35,197 versus $21,176 for females. The per capita income for the township was $19,917. About 2.4% of families and 3.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.4% of those under age 18 and 8.2% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Judson Township total population