Kaitlin Monte on set of NBC4 New York, Star Wars Day 2014
|Born||Kaitlin Patricia Monte
February 7, 1989
|Residence||New York City|
|Education||University of Tampa (BA), Clarkson University|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Kaitlin Monte (born February 7, 1989) is an American television personality based in New York City. In June 2014, she became head traffic reporter for PIX Morning News on WPIX. She also hosts the magazine-style sports show Mets Insider on SportsNet New York. Prior to joining WPIX, Monte spent two years as weekly host of WNBC's interactive trivia on Today in New York. Monte previously held the title of Miss New York 2011 and finished 2nd runner-up at Miss America 2012.
Early life and career
Monte grew up in Pittsford, New York where she attended Pittsford Mendon High School. She then attended Clarkson University's Clarkson School followed by University of Tampa, where she graduated with her Bachelor's Degree at age 19.
In 2009, Monte became a performer for the USO Show Troupe, the official entertainment group for the United Services Organization which provides musical performances and entertainment for American military personal and families.
Monte's television experience began in 2012 as the interactive trivia host on Today in New York. The 10-minute segment airs during the 9 o'clock hour and includes a timed, 10-question round of trivia supplemented by online engagement with fans through social media and an interactive chat room.
SportsNet New York (2013-present)
Monte has been the host of Mets Insider on SportsNet New York since the 2013 Mets season. The program is a bi-weekly, magazine-style show featuring episodes geared towards a diverse range of Mets topics.
In June, 2014 it was announced Monte would be the new weekday morning traffic reporter for PIX Morning News. She reports on traffic conditions for the New York metro area weekday mornings from 5-9am.
Kaitlin competed in the 2012 Miss America competition, representing her home state as Miss New York 2011 and finishing 2nd runner-up. In addition to her top three finish, Kaitlin was awarded state and national lifestyle & fitness scholarships. She was one of eight national finalists for the AMWAY Quality of Life scholarship, which recognizes women for having a measurable civic impact during their year of service. Monte's chose “Anti-Bullying through Leadership” as her personal platform, providing comprehensive advocacy ranging from in-school presentations to legislative efforts.
Kaitlin continues to be an active advocate in the anti-bullying movement. She founded an online petition in 2011 to bring the issue of cyberbullying (known as "Jamey's Law") to New York legislators. Shortly after, State Senator Jeffrey Klein proposed new cyberbullying legislation and the two joined forces to launch the New York Cyberbully Census. Kaitlin has made guest appearances on MSNBC and Al Jazeera America discussing bullying-related issues, and was named the Anti-Defamation League No Place for Hate "Difference Maker of the Year" in 2012 for her "Anti-bullying Through Leadership" workshop series.
- "Kaitlin Monte Named PIX11 Morning News Traffic Reporter". Tribune Company. June 5, 2014.
- "Former Miss America contestant hosts new show". New York Post. March 10, 2013.
- "Miss New York crown goes to Kaitlin Monte". Staten Island Advance. June 19, 2011.
- "Miss New York Criticizes OWS, Takes 3rd At Miss America Pageant". Gothamist. January 15, 2012.
- "USO Liberty Bell, Miss New York Places Third at Miss America Pageant". The USO. January 23, 2012.
- "2012 Miss America Pageant Scholarship Winners". Miss America.
- "Pittsford's Kaitlin Monte named as 2012 Miss America ‘Quality Of Life Award’ finalist". Brighton Pittsford Post.
- "Miss New York Petitions Against Cyberbullying In Wake Of Williamsville Teen's Suicide: UPDATED | New York Daily News". Nydailynews.com. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Klein, Scarborough, Miss NY, Launch New York Cyberbully Census | New York State Senate". Nysenate.gov. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Jamey's Law: NY Lawmakers, Advocates Out to Fight Cyberbullying". MSNBC.
- Official website
- Kaitlin Monte on Facebook
- Kaitlin Monte at the Internet Movie Database
- Kaitlin Monte on Twitter
- Kaitlin Monte on Instagram