|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Kalewadi (Marathi: काळेवाडी) is a small village in Pimpri-Chinchwad about 15 km from Pune Station. Kalewadi is connected to Pimpri by Pavna bridge, to Chinchwad via Hedgewar Bridge, to Wakad via Kalewadi phata, and to Rahatni.
The name of Kalewadi is derived from name of farmers mainly from family "Kale". People at Kalewadi celebrates Bulls festival "Pola", Navratra mahotsav, Ganapati festival, Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti with the unity and great enthusiasm .Farmers who originally belong to kalewadi include Nadhe,kale,kokane,tapkir,etc.Nadhe constitute majorityof the farmer community.Was represented in PCMC by efficient persons like Babasaheb Tapkir,Suresh NadhePatil,Ankush kokane.Village celebrates annual fair of Peer.Nadhepatil family celebrates bagad utsav.
Schools, colleges and Restaurants
- Parvati English Medium School.
- EuroSchool Wakad
- Om Sant High School
- Nirmal Bethany Convent High School
- Kalewadi PCMC Primary School
- M.M. Secondary School Kalewadi
- SMT. Laxmibai Tapkir Secondary School
- Alphonsa High School, Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi.
- Nanz Restaurant (South Indian Food)
- Roger's High School
- Hanuman mandir Near NadhePatil Resident.
- Durga Mata Mandir
- Radha Krishna
- Ayyapa Mandir
- Jain Mandir
- Dhangarbaba Mandir
- ST. Alphonsa Church, Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi.
- Panch Peer Chowk Main Road of kalewadi