|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kalongo is located in Agago District, Acholi sub-region, in Northern Uganda. Its location lies approximately 78 kilometres (48 mi), southeast of Kitgum, the nearest large town. This location lies approximately 155 kilometres (96 mi), by road, northeast of Gulu, the largest city in the sub-region. The coordinates of Kalongo, Uganda are:3° 2' 24.00"N, 33° 22' 16.00"E (Latitude:3.04000; Longitude:33.37111).
The 2002 national population census estimated the town's population at about 9,700. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 14,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kalongo at 15,000.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in the town of Kalongo, or near the edges of the town:
- The offices of Kalongo Town Council
- Kalongo Central Market
- Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital - Named after the Italian physician who founded it, the 350-bed community hospital is administered by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Gulu
- Kalongo School of Nursing & Midwifery - A nursing and midwifery school affiliated and administered by Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital.
- Mount Kalongo - A solid rock formation that rises to a peak of 1,600 metres (5,200 ft), above sea-level, towering approximately 400 metres (1,300 ft), above Kalongo. The rock lies to the immediate northwest of town.
- St. Charles Lwanga College - A mixed, boarding, secondary school (S1 - S6). Affiliated with the Catholic Church.
- Kalongo Airstrip - A private airstrip owned and administered by Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital.
- St. Mary's School of Midwivery - Affiliated with Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital, total number of students:120 (2011).
- Bank of Africa, a commerciall bank, maintains a branch in Kalongo.
- "Distance Between Kitgum And Kalongo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Gulu And Kalongo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kalongo At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kalongo In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Agaba, John (20 March 2013). "Japan Donates USh1.6 Billion for Education And Health". The New Times (Rwanda) via In2eastafrica.net. Retrieved 4 June 2014.