Kannapolis City Schools
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2011)|
Kannapolis City Schools is a local education agency headquartered in Kannapolis, North Carolina. It encompasses parts of Cabarrus and Rowan Counties, yet operates independently of both county-wide school systems.
All KCS students attend the same schools for grades 5 through 12.
- Grades 5-6: Kannapolis Intermediate School (Tigers, gold and black)(Founded 2005, building was previously used for Kannapolis Middle School)
- Grades 7-8: Kannapolis Middle School (Eagles; kelly green and navy blue) (founded 1981, moved to current facility in 2005)
- Grades 9-12: A.L. Brown High School (Wonders; kelly green and White) (founded 1924 as J. W. Cannon High School, renamed and moved to current facility in 1952)
- Forest Park Elementary
- Shady Brook Elementary
- Jackson Park Elememntary
- Fred L. Wilson Elementary
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary
With the opening of the brand-new Kannapolis Middle School in the fall of 2005, KCS underwent a reorganization of what grades attend a particular type of school. Previously, elementary schools served grades K-6; now, grades 5 and 6 have been moved to a new intermediate school, located in the old middle school building in downtown Kannapolis. The procedure for grades 7-12 remains unchanged.
KCS instituted a new uniform policy for all schools within the district beginning with the 2005–2006 school year. A.L. Brown High School followed in the 2006-07 school year. Shirts and blouses must be collared and bear no logo or insignia other than that of the school; students may wear shorts, pants, skirts, skorts, or jumpers of at least fingertip length. No denim or jeans are permitted. Principals of each school will determine the color of the shirts to be worn, which will typically be assigned by grade level.
|This North Carolina school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|