||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
October 24, 1955
Welch, West Virginia, U.S.
Karen Austin (born October 24, 1955) is an American actress. Austin has made many TV and film appearances since the 1980s. She was a regular on the first season of the NBC-TV series Night Court, where she was the original Manhattan court clerk, Lana Wagner, for ten episodes in the first season, before leaving the series; her character was replaced by Mac Robinson, which was played by Charles Robinson from the third season onwards, for the duration of the series' network run. She also recently played Sister Ignaious in Steven Spielberg's Taken series.
From 1995 to 1996, Austin starred in the short-lived series Live Shot.
- 1979 - Fish Hawk - Mrs. Gideon
- 1981 - Hill Street Blues - West Virginia
- 1983 - The Taming of the Shrew - Katherina
- 1984 - Celebrity (mini-series) - Ceil Shannon
- 1984 - Night Court - Lana Wagner
- 1985 - St. Elsewhere - Dr. Mary Woodley
- 1985 - Summer Rental - Sandy Chester
- 1985 - Jagged Edge - Julie Jensen
- 1986 - The Ladies Club - Joan Taylor
- 1989 - Far From Home - Louise
- 1989 - Columbo: Columbo goes to the Guillotine
- 1990 - A Girl To Kill For - Karen/Bag Lady
- 1994 - Lazarus - Anne
- 1994 - Lightning Jack - Mama Wheeler
- 1998 - Touched By An Angel (TV Series) - Candace
- 1997 - Breast Men - Dr. Tammy
- 2011 - The Rum Diary - Mrs. Zimburger
- "Karen Austin". IMDb. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Karen Austin at the Internet Movie Database
- Karen Austin at AllMovie
- Karen Austin fan site, focusing on her role as Night Court's Lana Wagner
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|