Keith Sinclair (bishop)
|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Birkenhead|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Chester|
|Predecessor||Rt Revd David Urquhart|
|Consecration||8 March 2007|
|Born||3 December 1952|
|Alma mater||Christ Church, Oxford|
He was educated at Christ Church, Oxford. After a period of study at Cranmer Hall he was ordained in 1984. His career began with a curacy at Christ Church, Summerfield in Birmingham, after which he was Vicar of Aston and finally (before his elevation to the Episcopate) Vicar of Holy Trinity, Coventry.
He is on the Governing Council of the True Freedom Trust, which encourages gay men and lesbians not to have gay or lesbian relationships, believing that God allows people to have gay feelings because "we are living in a fallen world".
He was one of the bishops selected to be a member of the Church of England working group on human sexuality which in 2013 produced the Pilling Report. However, he did not agree with the others and wrote a dissenting statement and an appendix, which constitute a quarter of the published report.
- Keith Sinclair Esq (1952–1984)
- The Revd Keith Sinclair (1984–2007)
- The Rt Revd Keith Sinclair (2007—)
- Official notification of appointment
- York Minster — Consecration of the Bishop of Birkenhead
- Diocese of Chester — Who's Who
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Church details
- And at the end of his incumbency also Area Dean Crockfords (ibid)
- Consecration details
- "Governance". True Freedom Trust. 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Clarity and compassion in the church on issues of sexuality". True Freedom Trust. 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)". True Freedom Trust. 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Report of the House of Bishops Working Group on Human Sexuality. Church House Publishing. 2013.
- "Latest News". Diocese of Shrewsbury website. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- "Actor’s long association with playwright". Sheffield Telegraph. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Birkenhead
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|