||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2012)|
He assisted Ofcom's first Chief Executive Stephen Carter integrating existing telecoms and media regulators into a single organisation.
In 2005 he became Ofcom's Chief Policy Officer and Chairman of the European Regulators' Group (ERG), handling Ofcom's relationship with European and International political institutions. He also had responsibility for Ofcom's Content & Standards Group, and Ofcom's Legal Group.
Kip Meek was a founder and Managing Director of Spectrum Strategy Consulting, incorporated in 1993 (a consultancy specialising in media, telecommunications, and information technology).
Previous positions include leading Coopers & Lybrand's media and telecoms strategy practice in London, and positions at the Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Co and British Telecom.
On 23 July 2010, Kip Meek was announced as non-executive chairman of Project Canvas (now YouView). Meek leads the Board of the venture and oversaw the appointment of Chief Executive Officer, Richard Halton. He stepped down from his role as Director of Ingenious Media. He also left his positions as Chairman of the Broadband Stakeholder Group and a director of the RadioCentre and Phorm. Meek left YouView on 7 March 2011 and was replaced by Alan Sugar.
As of March 2011 he is employed at EE as an adviser and is part of Communications Chambers.
- 1979-81 London Business School, MSc with Distinction
- 1973-76 Magdalen College, Oxford, First Class Honours, Modern History
- 1977 Consultant, Boston Consulting Group
- 1981 Consultant, McKinsey & Co
- 1984 Deputy director of marketing, BT
- 1986 Managing director, Octagon Services
- 1988 Partner, Coopers & Lybrand
- 1993 Founder, Spectrum Strategy Consultants
- 2003 Senior partner, Ofcom
- 2005 Chief policy officer, Ofcom
- 2007 MD, Ingenious Consulting; chairman, BSG; director, RadioCentre
- 2008 Director, Phorm
- 2010 Non-Executive Chairman, YouView
- Ingenious Media Consulting Limited
- Ingenious Media Limited
- Perspective Associates Limited
- RadioCentre Limited
"Response to Ovum’s report "Telstra ULLS Undertaking – ULLS International Benchmarking"". Ingenious Consulting Network. December 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2009. (includes full CV).
- Gibson, Owen (31 March 2008). "Interview: Kip Meek, 'A 2+2=5 situation'". The Guardian (London: The Guardian). Retrieved 4 August 2009.
- Biography at Phorm
- Kip Meek joins RadioCentre as non-exec
- Biography at Broadband Stakeholder Group
- "Kip Meek to become chairman of Project Canvas". Project Canvas. 2010-07-23.
- Biography at Ingenious Media
- "Kip Meek leaves role as YouView Non-Executive Chairman". YouView. 2011-03-07.
- Williams, Chris (15 April 2009). "Phorm director advises UK.gov broadband minister, Conflicts denied as Amazon opts out". The Register (London: The Register). Retrieved 4 August 2009.
- Commission launches case against UK over privacy and personal data protection
- Williams, Chris (1 April 2008). "BT and Phorm secretly tracked 18,000 customers in 2006". The Register (London: The Register). Retrieved 4 August 2009.
- Williams, Chris (14 April 2008). "BT's 'illegal' 2007 Phorm trial profiled tens of thousands". The Register (London: The Register). Retrieved 4 August 2009.