Kitamatsuura District in Nagasaki Prefecture
Kitamatsuura (北松浦郡 Kitamatsuura-gun) is a district located in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan.
As of August 1, 2011, the district has an estimated population of 16,270 and a density of 282 persons per km². The total area is 57.76 km².
Towns and villages
- On April 1, 2005, the towns of Sechibaru and Yoshii merged into the city of Sasebo.
- On October 1, 2005, the towns of Ikitsuki and Tabira, and the village of Ōshima merged into the city of Hirado.
- On January 1, 2006, the towns of Fukushima and Takashima merged into the city of Matsuura.
- On March 31, 2006, the towns of Kosaza and Uku merged into the city of Sasebo.
- On March 31, 2010, the towns of Emukae and Shikamachi merged into the city of Sasebo.
Coordinates: 33°13′55″N 129°39′36″E / 33.232°N 129.66°E