|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Motto||Wa Qul Rab'bī Zidnī Ilma(n) ( May Allah, Increase My Knowledge)|
|Established||8 October 1966|
|President||Abdul-latif Ahmad al-Badir|
|Location||Kuwait City (Main campus), Kuwait|
|Campus||Urban, 380 acres (1.5 km2)|
|Website||http://www.kuniv.edu/ , http://ku.edu.kw|
Kuwait University is the first public research university in the State of Kuwait and was established in 1966, under Act N. 29/1966. Its vision is to provide world-class education, and committed to advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge, in addition to preparing educated, enlightened and qualified human resources in order to realize the society developmental needs.
The institutional mission is to keep, develop, and disseminate human knowledge, in addition to developing national human resources in order to create leaders who are aware of national heritage and future needs in collaboration with other academic institutions of similar mission, through: •Strengthening national, Arabic, and Islamic values and principles. •Disseminating knowledge. •Developing and investing human resources •Achieving excellence and distinction in education, scientific research, and community services. •Utilizing modern technology.
Kuwait University is one of the Kuwaiti government institutions affiliated with the Ministry of Education, which operates under the supervision of the University Council headed by the Minister of Higher Education and Minister of Education.
Students and Faculty Members
Academic Faculty Staff Members reached about 1496 internationally renowned and culturally diverse community of professors and academicians, providing the highest level of teaching, research and scholarship.
The number of students at KU has reached 38648 as they undergo intensive learning process, seeking advanced knowledge and personal fulfillment through enormous choices and opportunities for improvement and self-development. Facilitating this process are the institutional exceptional resources like e-systems and technologies, providing a world class educational exposure which is necessary for strengthening the students scholastic foundations, as well as their educational, personal, and social evolvement.
The administrative faculties of Kuwait University include 3823 employees qualified and trained regularly to enhance performance level.
Kuwait University consists of 16 colleges and various general services and work centers
KU includes the following colleges:
- College of Allied Health Sciences (Separated from College of Medicine in June 1982)
- College of Arts (Established in 1966)
- College of Business Administration (Established in 1995)
- College of Dentistry (Established in 1996)
- College of Education (Established in 1980)
- College of Engineering and Petroleum (Established in 1974 )
- College of Law (Established in 1967)
- College of Medicine (Established in 1973)
- College of Pharmacy (Established in 1996)
- College of Science (Established in 1967)
- College of Shari'a and Islamic Studies (Established in 1981)
- College of Life Sciences (Previously named College for Women) (Established in 2004)
- College of Computing Sciences & Engineering (Established in 2011)
- College of Architecture(Established in 2010)
- College of Public Health(Established in 2013)
- College of Social Sciences(Established in 1998)
- College of Undergraduate Studies (Established in 1977)
- "Brief history". Kuwait University. Retrieved 20 September 2014.