|Detroit Tigers – No. 53|
August 12, 1989 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|August 23, 2014 for the Detroit Tigers|
(through August 28, 2014)
|Earned run average||3.09|
The Tampa Bay Rays selected Lobstein in the second round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft. Lobstein was selected in the 2012 Rule 5 draft by the New York Mets, and traded that same day to the Tigers.
The Tigers added Lobstein to their 40-man roster on November 20, 2013. On August 23, 2014, the Tigers promoted Lobstein to the major leagues before a doubleheader against the Minnesota Twins. Prior to being called up, Lobstein was 9–11 with a 4.07 ERA and a 1.479 WHIP in 26 games with the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens. Lobstein made his debut in the first game of the doubleheader, pitching 5 2⁄3 innings, allowing three runs on four hits, while walking four, and striking out three. Lobstein made his first major league start on August 28, against the New York Yankees. Lobstein pitched six innings, allowing two runs on four hits, while walking one, and earning a no-decision.
- Lowe, John (December 6, 2012). "Rule 5 draft: Tigers trade for 2B Jeff Kobernus, LHP Kyle Lobstein | Detroit Free Press". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Berry, Adam (February 19, 2013). "Lobstein striving to make big league jump". MLB. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Slagter, Josh (November 20, 2013). "Detroit Tigers add 7 players to 40-man roster, including pitchers Kyle Lobstein, Jose Valdez". MLive. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Iott, Chris (August 23, 2013). "Detroit Tigers call up Kyle Lobstein, Patrick McCoy from Toledo; Robbie Ray, Ian Krol sent down". MLive. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- Slovin, Matt (August 27, 2014). "Lobstein's first MLB start comes in key tilt vs. Yanks". MLB. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|