Lakeland Union High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|Lakeland Union High School|
|9573 State Highway 70
Minocqua, Wisconsin 54548
|Vice principal||Justin Szews|
|District Administrator||Tood Kleinhans|
|Faculty||68.5 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.0|
|Color(s)||Black and White|
|Athletics conference||WIAA Great Northern Conference|
|Team name||T-Birds, or Thunderbirds|
Lakeland Union High School (LUHS) is an area high school located in Minocqua, Wisconsin. The school serves students from Arbor Vitae, Lac du Flambeau, Minocqua, and Manitowish Waters. The school district is roughly 820 square miles (2,100 km2).
LUHS offers Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Specialized courses are offered for students excelling in art, music, business, technology, languages and family and consumer education. LUHS works directly with local post secondary institutions to offer college credits to junior and senior students.
LUHS has an auditorium with theater-style seating, full lighting, and a sound booth. Its field house has an indoor track, four basketball courts, a swimming pool, a library, a wrestling room, and a high ropes course.
- Circle of Friends
- Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)
- Drama (Fall play/Spring musical)
- Foreign language clubs
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- High Ropes
- Making a Difference (MAD)
- Math League
- Mock Trial
- Model United Nations
- National Honor Society
- Science Olympiad
- Student council,
- Visual Arts Classic (VAC)
Lakeland Union High School offers 25 sports:
- "Lakeland High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2010-04-28. "Students: 835 (2009-2010)"
- "Lakeland High School- About Us". Retrieved 06 Apr 2012.
- Lakeland High School. Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association. Retrieved on 2011-05-15.
- Administration. Lakeland Union High School. Retrieved on 2008-05-15.