Lambda Lambda Lambda
- This article is about an actual national fraternity. For the fictional fraternity "Lambda Lambda Lambda" that inspired it, see Revenge of the Nerds.
|Lambda Lambda Lambda|
|Founded||January 15, 2006
University of Connecticut
|Motto||Follow the Twelve|
Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Lambda Lambda Lambda (ΛΛΛ or Tri-Lambs) is a national collegiate co-ed social fraternity founded on January 15, 2006 at University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut by a small group of students. In Fall 2014, the Alpha Chapter inducted their Omicron Class, bringing their historical numbering to 114.
Inspired by movies like Revenge of the Nerds and National Lampoon's Animal House, Lambda Lambda Lambda is a small co-ed social fraternity, unaffiliated with the Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils, dedicated to the enjoyment and enrichment of pop culture and to the brotherhood of its members. Tri-Lambs does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, class, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The fraternity was founded on the grounds of changing what a fraternity is back to its original meaning. The "openness of the fraternity" leads it to be a place in which to create a "network of support" among its brothers.
- Nick Carroll
- Mark Allatin
- Andrew Burke
- Jabaree Dunham-Carson
- Chris Hayden
- Brian Behrens
- Nick Ivanoff
- Matt Mainella
- Lisa Weand
- Garrett Waldron
The Alpha Chapter was founded as a student group at the University of Connecticut and has become more and more recognized by both students and the administration at that university. The induction of the Beta Chapter at SUNY Buffalo in fall 2008 as well as the combined induction of three new chapters at University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Western Washington University (pending recognition from university), and Bowie State University on January 14, 2012 has served to show that there is a demand for non-IFC and non-Panhel fraternity organizations. A Zeta Chapter has been inducted at Sacred Heart University as well. Lambda Lambda Lambda chapters are currently being considered at such institutions as Sam Houston State University.
List of Chapters
- A - University of Connecticut, January 15, 2006
- B* - State University of New York at Buffalo, Fall 2008
- Γ - University of Maryland, Baltimore County, January 14, 2012
- Δ - Western Washington University, January 14, 2012
- Ε - Bowie State University, January 14, 2012
- Ζ - Sacred Heart University, Fall 2014
- H - Thiel College, January 2015
Chapters which are closed or dormant are denoted by an asterisk (*).
- University of Connecticut Lambda Lambda Lambda page
- DailyCampus.com: Friends Start Fraternity from Scratch
- AS Review: 
- The Western Front: