|Studio album by Yeng Constantino|
|Released||October 09, 2009|
|Yeng Constantino chronology|
|Singles from Lapit|
Lapit (Filipino, "Come Closer") is the third studio album by Filipina singer-composer Yeng Constantino. The album was released on October 9, 2009 via Star Records through digital distribution from the record label's website and later in music stores in the Philippines. After a week, it was pulled out of display shelves due to some technical errors in the album and is expected to be released again in the week before the album's grand launch on Nov. 1, 2009. The album contains ten OPM tracks, all composed by Constantino, with the collaboration of Morning Glory. Raimund Marasigan is the producer of this album. It's carrier single is Lapit, a rock-inspirational song.
- "Lapit" (Constantino) - 4:39
- "Jeepney Love Story" (Constantino) - 5:16
- "Wag Ka Magtatanong" (Constantino) - 3:32
- "Akin Ka Na" (Constantino) - 3:54
- "Pag Ayaw Mo Na" (Constantino) - 4:48
- "Takas" (Constantino) - 4:47
- "Ligaw" (Constantino) - 5:22
- "Siguro" (Constantino) - 3:59
- "Maghihintay" (Constantino) - 3:57
- "Wag Na" (Constantino) - 4:17
- "Takas and Jeepney Love Story (Acoustic Version)" (Constantino) - 3:18
Constantino suffered writer's block for almost nine months, this being the reason why her third album's release had been delayed. In an interview she stated that she felt pressured after the hit singles from her first album such as Hawak Kamay and Salamat and was apprehensive that her third album would not be as successful after reading some negative reviews and articles about her second album Journey. These articles criticized her compositions as "just a cycle of tunes" and labeled her as an "overnight sensation". The inspirational advice of Raimund Marasigan, the former drummer of the now defunct band The Eraserheads, who promised to co-produce her third album, restored her spirit and motivation for songwriting and resulted in the ten tracks she wrote for Lapit.
Singles and chart performance
Lapit, her third studio Album was released digitally via Star Records Official Website on October 9, 2009 then later released in physical in Music Stores Nationwide, a week after the album was pulled out due to some technical errors in the album track listing and was re-release before its grand album launch on November 1, 2009. Lapit later received a Platinum status.
- Lapit was the lead single from this album. It is her 14th top ten hit. The lyrics of the song had a resemblance with her fist ever single which was Hawak Kamay an inspirational rock vibe. As of July 2013 the music video of the song scored 2.87 million views on YouTube and became her second most viewed video, first being "Jeepney Love Story" and it remained the second most viewed video, until August 2013 it surpassed by her single "Chinito".
. It was use as a soundtrack for the ABS-CBN T.V. series Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo and Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin. The song reached the top of I FM Chart in the last week of 2009. It won an award in 2010.
- Awit Awards 2010: "Texters' Choice Song of the Year"
- Wag Kang Magtatanong The song is a mid-tempo pop ballad written by Costantino. The song was released in March 2010 and it was decided as the official second offering single from this album.
- Jeepney Love Story this song debut at number 18 on July 3, 2010 in Tambayan Top 20. It replaced Jovit Baldivino rendition of Too Much Love Will Kill You at the number one spot. A music video was released on July 2010. The concept of the music video was an inspired animated one, in which the video shows "Ivan Dorschner" of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 as the guy referring in the song. And by the end of the video Ivan eventually disembarked the Jeepney, and unexpected cameo role by Filipino actor Piolo Pascual as a passenger, which replaced the seat of Dorschner.
As of December 2013 the music video of the song scored 10 million views on YouTube and became her most viewed video.
- Wag Na this was her third single off this album. The song debut at number 5 on January 22, 2011 in Tambayan Top 20. So far it reaches 2 million views in YouTube. The song was Yeng Constantino’s 20th top 10 songs.
- Siguro, is the fifth single from the album. It was released in the Philippines on July 2011. The director of her music video was Avid Liongoren, produce by Yeng Constantino her Assistant Director was Jan Parma and director of Photography is courtesy by "Macky Galvez". In April 15, 2013 the song used as the official theme song for Koreanovela To the Beautiful You.
All of her music video from this album is directed by "Avid Liongoren".
- Wag Kang Magtatanong
- "Jeepney Love Story"
- Wag Na
- "LAPIT (Yeng Constantino) - Star Records". Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Yeng Constatino with Morning Glory in her 3rd Album". Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "Yeng collaborates with Raimund Marasigan". Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "How Yeng Constantino Unlocked nine-month (song) writer's block". Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- "Yeng Constantino overcomes writer's block caused by negative publicity". Retrieved 2009-11-05.