Lauralee Martin is the president and CEO of HCP, Inc., a publicly traded healthcare REIT based in Long Beach, California. Previous to her role at HCP, Martin was chief executive of the Americas division of Jones Lang LaSalle.
Education and experience
Martin received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Oregon State University and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Connecticut. After graduation, she was a financial analyst at GE Capital. She worked briefly with consumer products but was assigned to their real estate group.
After leaving GE in 1987, Martin joined Heller Financial, rising to president of the Real Estate Finance Division. In 1995, she reluctantly agreed to become the corporate CFO, where she assisted with their Initial public offering in 1998. The company was subsequently purchased by General Electric Capital Corp. for $5.3 billion in 2001. Martin was then hired as CFO at Jones Lang LaSalle, her present position.
Martin is a member of both the HCP and Kaiser Aluminum boards. She was on the KeyCorp board from 2004 until 2010 and on the Gables Residential Trust board from 1994 to 2005.
- Hanson, Cynthia:  Chicago Business, May 7, 2007, "Lauralee Martin"
-  Reuters, April 24, 2008, "HCP Announces Election of Lauralee Martin to Board of Directors"
- "Lauralee Martin.ppt" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Learn about CFO Conferences". Cfoconferences.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Statement on Energy Efficiency". Energyfuturecoalition.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Movers and Shakers: Real Estate". The Glass Hammer. 2008-09-18. Retrieved 2012-10-21.