Le Rêve (show)
|Show type||Resident show|
|Date of premiere||May 6, 2005|
|Location||Wynn Las Vegas|
|Production Designer||Michel Crête|
|Costume Designer||Claude Renard|
|Theatre Designer||Claude Santerre|
|Underwater Designer||Jacky Beffroi|
|Assistant Director||Dirk Decloedt|
|Lighting Designer||Koert Vermeulen|
|Sound Designer||Daniel Léon|
|Associate Artistic Director||Jean Pochoy|
|Clown Conceptor||John Gilkey|
|Aerial Conceptor||Didier Antoine|
|Aquatic Choreographer||Dacha Nedorezova|
|Makeup Designer||Carmen Arbues Miro|
Le Rêve was the first production show to open in the Wynn Las Vegas casino resort. It is set in a one million-gallon (water) capacity theater and features diving and feats of strength with state-of-the-art special effects, where no seat is more than 40 feet (12 m) from the stage. The production was created by Franco Dragone and is similar to the shows produced by Cirque du Soleil. Dragone, who was the director behind O, La Nouba, Mystère, Alegría, and Quidam, has not revealed the cost of the production. However, major Las Vegas shows average around $30 to $40 million to produce.
Le Rêve was the working name of the resort before it was changed to Wynn Las Vegas. "Le Rêve" means "The Dream" in French, and is the name of the painting that Steve Wynn owned at the time, but which is now owned by Steven A. Cohen, Le Rêve by Picasso.
Each member of the cast must become scuba-certified before performing in the theater. Every 6 months the show is re-choreographed in order to keep it fresh for frequent visitors.
The show had its world premiere on May 6, 2005.
Recently, Wynn Las Vegas bought the rights to the show from Dragone to make some changes, including the logo. Wynn now owns all rights to the show, with Dragone still on the label.
Franco Dragone's new production in Macau, The House of Dancing Water is a mix between Le Reve and "O" by Cirque du Soleil, which was also created by Franco Dragone.
- Six performers from Le Rêve were the models for the season finale of Face Off, aired on SyFy on March 26, 2013. They also performed an act in the make-up, complete with full immersion and dives into the water.
- Le Rêve was featured on an episode of the Fine Living series What Makes it Tick, produced by NorthSouth Productions.
- Cast members from the show performed on a results episode of NBC's summer hit America's Got Talent in 2010.
- Cast members were also featured in the music video for the single "Only the Young", by Brandon Flowers.
- 32 performers from Le Rêve staged a “surreal, elaborate montage of scenes” from the show as part of the 2010 Latin Grammys at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The event was broadcast live on Univision.
- February 23, 2005, DRAGONE Unveils Le Rêve at Wynn Las Vegas, PRNewsWire retrieved on February 2, 2008.
- "Face-Off Clips, Season 4"
- Katsilometes, John. "Latin Grammy presenters, performers awash in gifts for tonight’s show". Las Vegas Sun. November 11, 2010.