Tomlin playing for Peterborough United in 2012
|Full name||Lee Marc Tomlin|
|Date of birth||12 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Leicester, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|2005||Rushden & Diamonds|
|2005–2010||Rushden & Diamonds||156||(27)|
|2007||→ Brackley Town (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:37, 16 April 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Tomlin started his career with the youth system of Leicester City in 1998 before joining Rushden & Diamonds's youth system in 2005. In October 2005, he became Rushden's youngest ever player when he came on as a substitute for Drewe Broughton in the 74th minute. Throughout the rest of the season he made several more substitute appearances, but his first start came in November 2005, in an FA Cup first round replay against Halifax Town. He made 21 appearances in League Two in the 2005–06 season.
Before the 2006–07 season, Tomlin attracted the attention of several big clubs and he earned a trial with Liverpool. Throughout the season, he made more starts and became more of a regular in the Rushden starting eleven. He scored his first goal for the club against Weymouth, the match after Paul Hart was sacked, in the 21st minute. He immediately followed this with another goal, this time against Altrincham in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round. He scored six goals during the season, playing as a forward and on both wings.
Tomlin switched to left midfield for the 2009–10 season, under his influential manager Justin Edinburgh who he credited for his development and achieving his move to the Football League. Following the end of the season a six-figure bid for Tomlin was rejected from another Blue Square Bet Premier club believed to be Crawley Town and Rushden confirmed he would be offered a new contract. 
Tomlin signed for League One team Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee on 6 August 2010. He went on to assist the team gain promotion with a hard working display against Huddersfield Town at Old Trafford, which The Posh won 3–0.
He continued to develop his reputation at the Championship level and on 20 August 2011, he scored his first professional hat-trick in a game against Ipswich Town, helping Peterborough to a 7–1 win. On 10 December 2011 he scored a diving header against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium to rescue a point, the game ended 1–1.
On 31 January 2014, Tomlin signed for Middlesbrough on loan for the remainder of the 2013–14 season with a view to a permanent move. On 18 February, it was announced that he had signed a permanent deal on a three-and-a-half-year contract. Tomlin made his debut on 22 February in a 0–0 draw against Leeds United, coming on as a substitute for Kei Kamara. After a run of fine performances, most notable in Middlesbrough's 2-0 victory over Manchester City in the FA Cup, Tomlin was named Championship Player of The Month for January 2015.
- As of 25 January 2015.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Rushden & Diamonds||2005–06||League Two||21||0||3||0||0||0||2[a]||0||26||0|
|Peterborough United||2010–11||League One||37||8||4||3||2||0||4[f]||0||47||11|
- Appearances in Football League Trophy
- Two appearances and one goal in FA Trophy, three appearances and one goal in Northamptonshire Senior Cup
- Three appearances and three goals in FA Trophy, four appearances in Conference League Cup, four appearances and four goals in Northamptonshire Senior Cup
- Three appearances in FA Trophy, one appearance in Northamptonshire Senior Cup, one appearance in Northamptonshire Cup
- Two appearances in FA Trophy, two appearances in Conference Premier play-offs
- Three appearances in Football League One play-offs, one appearance in Football League Trophy
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 23. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Career History". Up The Posh!. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Posh swoop for Lee Tomlin – Peterborough United". Peterborough Today. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Games played by Lee Tomlin in 2005/2006". Soccerbase. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Rushden and Diamonds | Rushden teenager in Anfield trial". BBC News. 2 April 2006. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Games played by Lee Tomlin in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Rushden & Diamonds to offer Lee Tomlin new deal". BBC Sport. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Posh Swoop For Highly-Rated Tomlin". Peterborough United F.C. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Peterborough 7–1 Ipswich". BBC News. 20 August 2011.
- Bevan, Chris (4 May 2013). "Crystal Palace 3–2 Peterborough". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Lee Tomlin career statistics at Soccerbase
- "Lee Tomlin named Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month". The Football League. 6 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.