Leslie Easterbrook, 2006
July 29, 1949 |
Los Angeles, California,
|Spouse(s)||Victor Holchak (1979-?) (divorced)
Dan Wilcox (?-present)
Leslie Eileen Easterbrook (born July 29, 1949) is an American actress.
Easterbrook was born in Los Angeles and adopted by a family in rural Arcadia, Nebraska, where she was raised. She attended and graduated from Kearney High School in 1967. Her father later earned a Ph.D and became a voice/trumpet professor at University of Nebraska at Kearney. He prepared her for operatic roles and coached her in trumpet playing for Laverne & Shirley.
Her height is 5'8" (173cm).
Easterbrook has become a familiar face to American audiences, with about a dozen feature films and over 300 television episodes to her credit. She first became famous as Rhonda Lee, the Marilyn-Monroe-like neighbor of Laverne & Shirley. But the role for which she is most widely known is that of Sergeant, Lieutenant and then Captain, Debbie Callahan, the beautiful yet no-nonsense blonde bombshell in the popular Police Academy movie series. Easterbrook has appeared in Murder, She Wrote, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Baywatch, Matlock, Hunter and The Dukes of Hazzard. She appeared as Devlin Kowalski from Ryan's Hope. More recently, she's been doing voice work including Superman and Batman: The Animated Series.
Easterbrook's vocal talents led to her being chosen to sing the National Anthem at Super Bowl XVII and have landed her starring roles in musicals on Broadway and throughout the country; she also recorded a song for the soundtrack of Police Academy: Mission to Moscow. She was also a frequent panelist on Match Game in the 1980s.
An accomplished sports shooter, Easterbrook made a video, Real Beginner's Guide to the Shotgun Sports, the first in a series designed to encourage and prepare non-shooters for their first shooting experience. Easterbrook serves on the board of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, and supports a number of children's charities. Easterbrook is an NRA member and has served on the board of directors of the California Rifle & Pistol Association.
In 2005, Easterbrook replaced Karen Black as Mother Firefly in Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects, the sequel to the 2003 horror movie, House of 1000 Corpses. In 2007, she played security guard Patty Frost in Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween. In 2008, she played as Betty in the thriller/horror film House. In 2010 she played the lead role in The Afflicted. Her next major role will be in the film Greater, which tells the story of Brandon Burlsworth, and his journey from a former walk-on football player at the University of Arkansas, to an All-American, drafter into the NFL. Coming in 2014 she takes on the character of a mentally twisted and beaten mother of twin daughters Mara Winters in a thriller called "Down Angel".
- Machray, Robert (February 24, 2010). "Theatre Review (LA): Broads by Fahn and Symon at the El Portal Theatre". blogcritics. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Weldon, Michael (1996). The psychotronic video guide. Macmillan. pp. 434–435. ISBN 0-312-13149-6.
- Hofstede, David (2005). The Dukes of Hazzard: The Unofficial Companion. Macmillan. p. 279. ISBN 0-312-35374-X.
- Weiss, Don; Day, Chuck (2003). The Making of the Super Bowl. McGraw-Hill Professional. p. 368. ISBN 0-07-142949-2.
- Grigware, Don (February 22, 2010). "BWW Reviews: Talented Broads Sing BROADS! THE MUSICAL". Broadway World. Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Knight, Ken (2008). The Midnight Show: Late Night Cable-TV "Guy-Flicks" of the 80's. AuthorHouse. p. 66. ISBN 978-1-4343-4148-8.
- Weller, Sandy (04/01/2005). "CRPA's 130th Anniversary & Annual Banquet". California Rifle & Pistol Association. Retrieved 03/06/2011. Check date values in:
- Monush, Barry; Willis, John (2009). Screen World: The Films of 2008 60. University of Arkansas Press. p. 225. ISBN 1-4234-7370-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leslie Easterbrook.|
- Leslie Easterbrook at the Internet Movie Database
- Leslie Easterbrook at the Internet Broadway Database
- Leslie Easterbrook at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Leslie Easterbrook at AllMovie