|Key people||Jeff Catlin, CEO
Mike Marshall, CTO
Lexalytics, Inc. provides enterprise and hosted text analytics software to transform unstructured text into structured data. The software extracts entities (people, places, companies, products, etc.), sentiment, quotes, opinions, and themes (generally noun phrases) from text. Text is considered unstructured data which comprises somewhere between 31% and 85% of what is stored in any given enterprise.
Lexalytics is an OEM vendor of text analytics and sentiment analysis technology for social media monitoring, brand management, and voice-of-customer industries, powering companies like Radian6 (now Salesforce.com), MediaVantage (now Canada NewsWire), evolve24 (now Maritz, LLC), Cymfony (division of Kantar Group), Vocus, ScoutLabs (now Lithium Technologies).
The software uses natural language processing technology to extract the above-mentioned items from social media and forums; the voice of the customer in surveys, emails, and call-center feedback, traditional media, pharmaceutical research and development, internal enterprise documents, and others.
Corporate customers include Cisco Systems, Service Management Group (SMG), Thomson Reuters, and ProQuest. Lexalytics software is often deployed as part of a search solution in conjunction with search partners. These partners include Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS Media Group, as Cymfony), Microsoft, and Endeca.
- Roush, Wade (2010-03-10). "Lexalytics Moves to Boston to Exploit New Market for Sentiment Analysis". Xconomy Boston. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- Swoyer, Stephen (2007-09-05). "Unstructured Data: Attacking a Myth". twdi.org. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- Tylman, Julie (1998-11-16). "Enterprise Information Portals". Merrill Lynch. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Clelland, Rory (2010-04-16). "The TV debate: What did Twitterers think and feel?". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Arnold, Stephen (2010-05-26). "Lexalytics Pushes into Pharma". Arnold IT. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- Falls, Jason (2009-10-23). "Understanding Natural Language Processing for Social Media Monitoring". Social Media Explorer. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Gens, Frank (2008-04-07). "IDC Predictions 2008: The Post-Disruption Marketplace Takes Shape". IDC. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Wasserman, Todd (2009-09-20). "Text Mining Firms' Golden Opportunity". Adweek. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- "In Some Search Software, It All Depends on the Meaning of 'It'". ITBusinessEdge. 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2010-07-12.