List of lighthouses in Minnesota
This is a list of all lighthouses in the U.S. state of Minnesota as identified by the United States Coast Guard. There are five active lights in the state; one light is inactive but has been converted to a museum, and one is in ruins.
If not otherwise noted, focal height and coordinates are taken from the United States Coast Guard Light List, while location and dates of activation, automation, and deactivation are taken from the United States Coast Guard Historical information site for lighthouses.
|Duluth North Pier Light||end of north breakwater of Duluth, Minnesota harbor entrance||43 ft (13 m)||1910||unknown||Active|
|Duluth South Breakwater Inner Light||south breakwater of Duluth harbor entrance near the lift bridge||68 ft (21 m)||1889/1901||1976||Active|
|Duluth South Breakwater Outer Light||end of south breakwater of Duluth harbor entrance||44 ft (13 m)||1874/1901||1976||Active|
|Grand Marais Light||harbor entrance in Grand Marais, Minnesota||48 ft (15 m)||1885/1922||1937||Active|
|Minnesota Point Light||Minnesota Point east of Superior, Wisconsin||||approx. 50 ft (15 m)||1858||1913||Ruins|
|Split Rock Light||Split Rock Lighthouse State Park in Beaver Bay Township, Minnesota||||168 ft (51 m)||1910||1969||Inactive/Museum[note 2]|
|Two Harbors Light||Two Harbors, Minnesota||78 ft (24 m)||1892||1980||Active/Museum|
- If there is a second date, it represents the date the most recent tower was lit.
- The beacon is still working but is only lit on special occasions.
- "Lighthouses of the United States: Minnesota". Russ Rowlett.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Minnesota". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- Light List, Volume VII, Great Lakes (PDF). Light List. United States Coast Guard. 2012.
- calculated using Google Maps and 1952 chart of Duluth–Superior Harbors
- "Split Rock Lighthouse, Minnesota". LighthouseFriends.