From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up local in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Local usually refers to something nearby, or in the immediate area.
Local may refer to:
Media and publishing
- Local (novel), a 2001 novel written by Jaideep Varma
- Local (comics), a twelve-part Oni Press comic book limited series written by Brian Wood and illustrated by Ryan Kelly
- Local news, coverage of events in a local context which would not normally be of interest to those of other localities
- Local TV, a television broadcasting company which operates 20 television stations in the United States
- Local variable, a variable that is given local scope
- Locale, environment variables of operating systems for region- or language-specific formatting options
- .local, network address component
- Local class field theory, the study of abelian extensions of local fields
- Local field, a special type of field that is a locally compact topological field with respect to a non-discrete topology
- Local Fields (book), an algebraic number theory textbook by Jean-Pierre Serre
- Local-global principle, idea that one can find an integer solution to an equation using the Chinese remainder theorem
- Local martingale, a type of stochastic process, satisfying the localized version of the martingale property
- Local property, property which occurs on sufficiently small or arbitrarily small neighborhoods of points
- Local ring, the branch of commutative algebra that studies local rings and their modules
- Local symbol (disambiguation), uses in various subfields of mathematics
- Local zeta-function, a function whose logarithmic derivative is a generating function for the number of solutions of a set of equations defined over a finite field
- Local (train), a train serving local traffic demand
- Local anesthesia, any technique to induce the absence of sensation in part of the body
- Local government, a form of public administration, usually the lowest tier of administration
- Local union, a locally-based trade union organization which forms part of a larger union
- Pub, a drinking establishment, known as "locals" to regulars
- Internationalization and localization, adapting computer software to different languages or regions
- Local theory, a physical theory that obeys the principle of locality
- Local group (disambiguation)
- Localism (disambiguation)
- Locality (disambiguation)
- Localization (disambiguation)
- Locus (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "local"
- All pages with titles containing "local"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Local.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.