|Full name||Lopini Paea|
19 April 1984 |
Auburn, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (16 st 5 lb) |
|As of 28 April 2014|
Lopini Paea (born 19 April 1984 in Auburn, Australia) is an Australian rugby league player of Tongan descent who currently plays for the Catalans Dragons in the European Super League. He previously played for the Sydney Roosters in the National Rugby League. His position of choice is at second-row forward. Lopini Paea attended Sarah Redfern High School. Paea played junior league for Minto Cobras
Paea has represented on several occasions for the Tongan national team with his most recent international games during the 2007 Junior Kangaroos tour, in which Paea also captained the Tongan side.
He played in the 2010 NRL Grand Final earning a late recall in the team replacing James Aubusson. The Roosters lost however 32-8 to the Dragons. Paea started the game at Prop.
- First-grade debut: Round 15, 2003, against the Cronulla Sharks
- Representing Tongan National Team
- Captaining Tongan National Team
- 2007Junior Kangaroos tour
- "Dragons Catalans". web page. Dragons Catalans S.A.S.P. 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "Tonga thrashes Junior Kangaroos". Fox Sports News. 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "NRL’s island talent". Samoa Observer. 2008-03-28. Retrieved 2008-08-04.[dead link]
- "Tug-of-war over Mason". Sky Sports. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Samoa, Tonga and Fiji name squads". BBC. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-09.