Game Designers' Workshop 
Loren Wiseman published Eagles (later published by Avalon Hill as Caesar’s Legions), his first wargame, through Game Designers' Workshop in 1974. As a partner at GDW, his primary responsibilities were game development - editing and revising game manuscripts and preparing them for publication. During this period he designed the wargame Pharsalus (1977), and wrote the award-winning Twilight: 2000 role-playing adventure Going Home.
Steve Jackson Games 
When GDW closed in 1995, Wiseman was unemployed for a short time and then worked a succession of part-time jobs before being offered a job at Steve Jackson Games as Art Director and Traveller Line Editor. He is still employed there as of early 2012, although he is no longer Art Director. [Source: Loren Wiseman's webpage at:] He wrote GURPS Traveller and several supporting products, including GURPS Traveller Nobles and The Interstellar Wars.
Awards and recognition 
Wiseman received the Origins Award for Best Role-Playing Adventure for Twilight: 2000 Going Home. He was inducted into the Origins Hall of Fame in 2003.
- "Eagles | Board Game". BoardGameGeek. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Caesar's Legions | Board Game". BoardGameGeek. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Pharsalus | Board Game | BoardGameGeek". 188.8.131.52. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Biography". Cgi101.com. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Home Page for Loren K. Wiseman". Cgi101.com. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
|This biographical article relating to a role-playing game designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|