|Born||Luca Giuseppe Pasqualino
19 February 1989
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, UK
Luca Giuseppe "Luke" Pasqualino (born 19 February 1989) is an English actor, known for his portrayal of Freddie McClair in the television series Skins and d'Artagnan in the television series The Musketeers.
Pasqualino was born in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, to parents of Italian descent, from Sicily and Naples. He attended Walton Community School, in Walton, Peterborough, and the drama classes held by Martin Tempest at Stamford Art Centre. He originally auditioned for the part of Tony Stonem in Series 1 of Skins but British actor Nicholas Hoult got the part. Before appearing in Skins he performed numerous plays and had done some modelling. Pasqualino also worked in his father's salon, Image International.
In 2009 Pasqualino made his acting debut as the protagonist in the low-budget film Stingers Rule! about a local football team going against property developers who plan to destroy their beloved football ground. Pasqualino has guest starred on Casualty and Miranda. In 2008 Pasqualino became one of the new series regulars in the third season of the E4 teenage drama television series Skins, which replaces its primary cast members every two seasons. Pasqualino portrayed Freddie McClair, a laid-back weed-smoking college pupil. As season four neared its conclusion, he and the rest of the cast were replaced, as usual.
In February 2010 Pasqualino was cast in the Warner Bros. Pictures supernatural horror film The Apparition alongside both Twilight star Ashley Greene and Harry Potter star Tom Felton. Filming began that same month in both Los Angeles and Berlin, and the film was released in August 2012. In September of the same year Pasqualino won the recurring role of Paolo, a young servant, on the historical drama television series The Borgias. In July 2012 Pasqualino starred alongside Jessica Szohr and Ed Speleers in the romantic werewolf comedy film Love Bite.
In October 2011, Pasqualino won the starring role in the Syfy television pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, a prequel to the reimagined Battlestar Galactica series. Pasqualino portrayed the younger self of William "Husker" Adama in the prequel, which was first distributed as a ten-episode online series on Machinima.com starting 9 November 2012, and then aired in early 2013 as a televised film on Syfy. Later in 2013 Pasqualino also played in a French television series, Jo.
Pasqualino also appears in the ensemble thriller Snowpiercer, which examines a train full of travelers struggling to coexist in a world covered by ice and snow. Starring Chris Evans, the film was released around the world in 2013 and 2014 in the United States.
|2009, 2013||Miranda||Jason||2 episodes|
|2009–10||Skins||Freddie McClair||Main (series 3 and 4)|
|2011–12||The Borgias||Paolo||7 episodes|
|2012||Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome||William "Husker" Adama|
|2014||Inside No. 9||Lee||Episode 1, "Sardines"|
|2014–||The Musketeers||d'Artagnan||Main; (series 1- )|
- Ok Magazine: Luke Pasqualino
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1984-2006, Listed Birth Name as Luca Giuseppe Pasqualino, Year of birth listed as 1990, Place of registration Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
- Bergen, Julia (2009-07-20). "Complete Skins cast axed again - News". TV.com. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Two More Catch a Glimpse of Dark Castle's 'Apparition'
- "The Apparition Starts Filming". Movies.about.com. 2010-02-26. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- "The Borgias – Casting Announcements «". Jeremyirons.net. 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- "EXCLUSIVE: 'Battlestar's' Jamie Bamber Nabs TNT Role, 'Caprica' Vet Invades 'Alphas' & Intel on 'Blood and Chrome'". Aoltv.com. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Moore, Trent (5 November 2012). "Blood and Chrome to debut as web series 9 November". Blastr. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "The First Two Episodes of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome". TV News. Comingsoon.net. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "The New 'Snowpiercer' Trailer Begs the Question: When Will American Audiences Get to See This Movie?" by Kelly Woo. moviefone.com, 8 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.