MTV Youth Icon of the Year
MTV India's Youth Icon of the year is an annual award presented by MTV India, a TV channel. It was first presented in 2003. It is determined by popular votes.
Earlier MTV use to nominate celebrities, sportstars or socialites .Now from 2012 MTV is going to nominate 30 young people who are trying or had made some difference to our society.
The proud recipients of the awards are:
- 2003 : Anil Ambani (Indian Industrialist) 
- 2004 : Rahul Dravid (Indian Cricketer)
- 2005 : Shahrukh Khan (Indian Actor) )
- 2006 : Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Indian Cricketer)
- 2007 : Orkut (A community website by Google)
- 2008 : Award was given to eight persons.
- Ankit Fadia (Computer security consultant)
- Sarath Babu (BITS-Pilani and IIM-A passout, Food King catering business)
- Rahul Mishra (Fashion designer from Malhousie (Himachal Pradesh))
- MC Mary Kom (Boxing, recipient of Padma Shri and Arjun Award)
- Ishita Khanna (Entrepreneur, Founder and Director of Ecosphere)
- Nitish Mishra (Minister of state for disaster management, Bihar, India)
- Blaaze (Singer)
- Mangesh Hadawale (Director of Marathi film 'Tingya')
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|