Maçanet-Massanes railway station
Rodalies de Catalunya commuter and regional rail station
|Address||Estació de Ferrocarril (local road GI-562)
17412 Maçanet de la Selva
|Connections||Maçanet de la Selva local bus|
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
|Bicycle facilities||A bicycle parking rack is located adjacent to the station building.|
|Opened||27 August 1860|
|Formerly||Riera de Santa Coloma
Maçanet-Massanes is a Rodalies de Catalunya open triangular railway station serving Maçanet de la Selva and Massanes, in Catalonia, Spain. It is located at the junction where the Barcelona–Mataró–Maçanet-Massanes railway converges with the Barcelona–Cerbère railway, lying 5 and 1.9 kilometres (3.1 and 1.2 mi) away from the urban centers of Maçanet de la Selva and Massanes, respectively.
The station serves as the northern terminus of Barcelona commuter rail service lines R1 and R2 Nord as well as a stop for all trains on regional line R11. On 24 March 2014 , Girona commuter rail service line RG1 also started services, providing a direct connection between the Maresme and the Girona areas without having to interchange at this station.
Under the name "Riera de Santa Coloma", the station was first opened on 27 August 1860Granollers to this location, which was carried out by Compañía del Camino de Hierro del Norte ("Northern Railway Company"). One year later, on 1 August 1861 , Camino de Hierro del Este ("Eastern Railway") opened the extension of the Barcelona–Mataró Railway from Arenys de Mar to the already existing station, leading to the connection of both railways.with the construction of the Barcelona–Portbou Railway on its section from
In September 2011, Adif, the owner of the station, concluded the refurbishment of the station in order to make it accessible. This operation involved the installation of elevators and the renovation of the platforms, including the construction of a new station building on the easternmost side of the tracks.
- "Listado de líneas y estaciones" [List of railway lines and stations] (PDF) (in Spanish). Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Government of Spain. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Transport" (in Catalan). Maçanet de la Selva Town Council. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Adif concluye las obras de remodelación y mejora de la accesibilidad de la estación Maçanet-Massanes (Girona)" [Adif has finished works to refurbish Maçanet-Massanes station (Girona) and make it accessible] (in Spanish). Adif. 5 September 2011. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Integrated Railway Network (PDF) (Map). Autoritat del Transport Metropolità. August 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Transport zones". ATM Àrea de Girona. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- Servei de rodalia de Barcelona [Barcelona commuter rail service] (PDF) (Map) (in Catalan). Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Massanet-Massanas (Est.)". EuroFerroviarios (in Spanish). 31 January 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Distances measured using Google Maps' "Distance Measurement Tool".
- "Les Rodalies de Girona s'estrenen amb avaria" [Girona commuter rail is launched with a breakdown]. 324.cat (in Catalan) (Televisió de Catalunya). 25 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Peris Torner, Juan (13 February 2012). "Barcelona a Mataró (Portbou y Cerbère), Barcelona a Francia por la costa" [From Barcelona to Mataró (Portbou and Cerbère), from Barcelona to France via the coast]. Spanish Railway (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 March 2014.