|Full name||Mahuru Douglas Dai|
30 May 1984 |
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium pace|
|Domestic team information|
|2005||Papua New Guinea|
|List A debut||1 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Netherlands|
|Last List A||11 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Uganda|
|Source: CricketArchive, 6 July 2008|
Mahuru Douglas Dai (born 30 May 1984) is a Papua New Guinean cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium pace bowler, he has played for the Papua New Guinea national cricket team since 2005.
Born in Port Moresby in 1984, Mahuru Dai first represented Papua New Guinea at Under-19 level, playing in the East Asia-Pacific Under-19 Championship in August 2001. Papua New Guinea won the tournament, beating Hong Kong in the final, which qualified them for the following years Under-19 World Cup, which Dai also played in.
In 2004, he played for a combined East Asia-Pacific team in Australia's National Country Cricket Championship prior to a second Under-19 World Cup. He made his debut for the Papua New Guinea senior team in the repêchage tournament of the 2005 ICC Trophy.
Later in the year, he made his List A debut when he represented Papua New Guinea in the 2005 ICC Trophy in Ireland. He again played for the combined East Asia-Pacific team in the Australian National Country Cricket Championship in 2006 and 2007 before returning to the Papua New Guinea team for Division Three of the World Cricket League in Darwin in 2007. Papua New Guinea finished third in that tournament and Dai was named man of the match in the third place play-off against the Cayman Islands after scoring 102 not out at a run a ball.
He represented his country at the 2007 South Pacific Games where he won a gold medal in the cricket tournament. During the tournament he scored a century in Papua New Guinea's record breaking win over New Caledonia. He has since again represented the combined East Asia-Pacific team in the Australia National Country Cricket Championship.
- Cricinfo profile
- CricketArchive profile
- Teams played for by Mahuru Dai at CricketArchive
- Other matches played by Mahuru Dai at CricketArchive
- Scorecard of Hong Kong Under-19s v Papua New Guinea Under-19s, 25 August 2001 at CricketArchive
- List A matches played by Mahuru Dai at CricketArchive
- Scorecard of Cayman Islands v Papua New Guinea, 2 June 2007 at CricketArchive
- Papua New Guinea take home the gold by Andrew Nixon, 2 September 2007 at CricketEurope
- Papua New Guinea run riot by Andrew Nixon, 1 September 2007 at CricketEurope
- "Hong Kong tour of Australia, 1st ODI: Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong at Townsville, Nov 8, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 November 2014.