From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Manfred B. Steger (born 1961) is Professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He was also Professor of Global Studies and Director of the Globalism Research Centre at RMIT University in Australia until 2013.
- The rise of the global imaginary: political ideologies from the French Revolution to the global war on terror, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Judging nonviolence: the dispute between realists and idealists, Routledge, 2003.
- Globalization: a very short introduction, Oxford University Press, 2003, 2nd edition, 2009.
- Globalism: the new market ideology, Rowman & Littlefield, 2002, 2nd edition, 2005, 3rd edition, 2009.
- Gandhi's dilemma: nonviolent principles and nationalist power, St. Martin's Press, 2000.
- The quest for evolutionary socialism: Eduard Bernstein and social denocracy, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- Neoliberalism, by Manfred B. Steger and Ravi K. Roy, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Ideologies of globalism, edited by Paul James and Manfred B. Steger, Sage, 2010.
- Rethinking globalism, edited by Manfred B. Steger, Rowman & Littlefield, 2004.
- Social capital: critical perspectives on community and "Bowling alone", edited by Scott L. McLean, David A. Schultz, and Manfred B. Steger, New York University Press, 2002.
- Grassroots Zen, by Manfred B. Steger and Perle Besserman, Tuttle Publishing, 2001.
- Violence and its alternatives: an interdisciplinary reader, edited by Manfred B. Steger and Nancy S. Lind, Macmillan, 1999.
- Engels after Marx, edited by Manfred B. Steger and Terrell Carver, Manchester University Press, 1999.
- Selected writings of Eduard Bernstein, 1900-1921, edited, translated, and with an introduction by Manfred Steger, Humanities Press, 1996.
- Crazy Clouds: Zen radicals, rebels, and reformers, by Perle Besserman and Manfred Steger, Shambhala, 1991.
- University of Hawaii website, at http://www.politicalscience.hawaii.edu/4-faculty/Steger.html .
- University of Hawaii website.
- American Political Science Association website, at http://www.apsanet.org/content_5322.cfm .
- Professor Manfred Steger
- The International Journal of Asia Pacific Studies