From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Manfred B. Steger(1961- ) is Professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He was also Professor of Global Studies and Director of the Globalism Research Centre at RMIT University in Australia until 2013.
- The rise of the global imaginary: political ideologies from the French Revolution to the global war on terror, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Judging nonviolence: the dispute between realists and idealists, Routledge, 2003.
- Globalization: a very short introduction, Oxford University Press, 2003, 2nd edition, 2009.
- Globalism: the new market ideology, Rowman & Littlefield, 2002, 2nd edition, 2005, 3rd edition, 2009.
- Gandhi's dilemma: nonviolent principles and nationalist power, St. Martin's Press, 2000.
- The quest for evolutionary socialism: Eduard Bernstein and social denocracy, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- Neoliberalism, by Manfred B. Steger and Ravi K. Roy, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Ideologies of globalism, edited by Paul James and Manfred B. Steger, Sage, 2010.
- Rethinking globalism, edited by Manfred B. Steger, Rowman & Littlefield, 2004.
- Social capital: critical perspectives on community and "Bowling alone", edited by Scott L. McLean, David A. Schultz, and Manfred B. Steger, New York University Press, 2002.
- Grassroots Zen, by Manfred B. Steger and Perle Besserman, Tuttle Publishing, 2001.
- Violence and its alternatives: an interdisciplinary reader, edited by Manfred B. Steger and Nancy S. Lind, Macmillan, 1999.
- Engels after Marx, edited by Manfred B. Steger and Terrell Carver, Manchester University Press, 1999.
- Selected writings of Eduard Bernstein, 1900-1921, edited, translated, and with an introduction by Manfred Steger, Humanities Press, 1996.
- Crazy Clouds: Zen radicals, rebels, and reformers, by Perle Besserman and Manfred Steger, Shambhala, 1991.
- University of Hawaii website, at http://www.politicalscience.hawaii.edu/4-faculty/Steger.html .
- University of Hawaii website.
- American Political Science Association website, at http://www.apsanet.org/content_5322.cfm .
- Professor Manfred Steger
- The International Journal of Asia Pacific Studies