|Born||April 19, 1931|
Margaret DePriest (born April 19, 1931)  is an American actress and daytime serial writer. She was nominated for 5 Daytime Emmy Award awards for her writing and in 1965 won an Obie Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Place for Chance.
Life and career
She began her career as an actress both onstage and on television. Her acting credits include a contract role as the first Abby Cameron on The Edge of Night from 1965-1966.
She is married to writer Paul Price.
- Head Writer: 1974 - 1975
- Head Writer: 1989
- Head Writer: March 1986 - January 1988, May 1996 - January 1997
- Associate Head Writer: October 21, 1981 - April 19, 1982
- Head Writer: April 20, 1982 - September 21, 1984
- Co-Head Writer (with Sheri Anderson and Thom Racina): September 24 - October 25, 1984
- Co-Head Writer (with Pat Falken Smith): 1979 - 1981
- Co-Head Writer (with Lou Schofield): mid-1960s
- Associate Head Writer: 1990 - 1991
- Co-Head Writer with Christopher Whitesell: August 1998 - December 1999
- Co-Creator (with Lou Schofield)
- Co-Head Writer (with Lou Schofield): 1969 - 1970
Awards and nominations
- Nomination, 1992, Best Writing, One Life to Live
- Nomination, 1990, Best Writing, All My Children
- Nomination, 1985, Best Writing, Days of our Lives
- Nomination, 1984, Best Writing, Days of our Lives
- Nomination, 1985, Best Writing, General Hospital
- Nomination, 1998, Best Writing, Another World
- https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KJKN-ST2 Date of birth, familysearch.org; accessed June 13, 2014.