Marie Panayotopoulos-Cassiotou (born on 29 July 1952 in Chios) is a Greek politician and Member of the European Parliament with the New Democracy, part of the European People's Party and is vice-chair of the European Parliament's Committee on Petitions.
She has a seat in its Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, its Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality and has a substitute seat for the Committee on Legal Affairs.
- 1975: Assistant French teacher
- 1980-1990 Language teacher in lower and upper secondary schools in Greece (1984-1990 in Germany)
- 1990-1996: Educational and vocational guidance counsellor Germany
- 1993-1994: Deputy educational coordinator for Western Europe (Greece)
- Teacher of modern Greek language and literature and Byzantine literature at the University of Bonn
- 1996-1997: Lexicographic research (Bonn, Germany)
- 1996-2003: Involved in compilation of Byzantine-Greek dictionary
- Member of Stuttgart (1984-1990) and Bonn (1990-2004) New Democracy Movement
- 1998-2004: Representative of the Greek Confederation of Large Families in COFACE
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Greece)