Marina Municipal Airport
|Marina Municipal Airport|
|IATA: OAR – ICAO: KOAR – FAA LID: OAR|
|Owner||City of Marina|
|Elevation AMSL||137 ft / 42 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Marina Municipal Airport (IATA: OAR, ICAO: KOAR, FAA LID: OAR) is a public airport located two miles (3 km) east of the central business district of Marina, a city in Monterey County, California, United States. It is owned by the City of Marina.
The Naval Postgraduate School, based in the nearby city of Monterey, has a Center for Interdisciplinary Remotely-Piloted Aircraft Studies (NPS/CIRPAS) at this airport.
Facilities and aircraft
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2006, the airport had 40,000 aircraft operations, an average of 109 per day, all of which were general aviation. There are 69 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single engine, 6% multi-engine, 3% helicopters and 4% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for OAR ( PDF), effective 2007-07-05
- Fritzsche Army Air Field at GlobalSecurity.org
- Center for Interdisciplinary Remotely-Piloted Aircraft Studies (official site)
- OAR - Marina, California - includes photos of airport
- Aviation Photos: OAR / KOAR - Marina Municipal (Fritzsche AAF)
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a California airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|