Marlou van Rhijn
Van Rhijn running at the Arena Games in Hilversum
|Born||22 October 1991|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) in prosthetics|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb) (2007)|
Sprints (100, 200 m)
|Achievements and titles|
100 m (T44): 13.27 s (2012, WR)
|Updated on 20 August 2014.|
Marlou van Rhijn (born 22 October 1991, Monnickendam) is a Dutch sprint runner. Van Rhijn, who was born without lower legs, is the world record holder for T43 in the 100 and 200 metres events and runs with the aid of carbon fibre transtibial artificial limbs. She competes in T44 (single below knee incapacity) events though she is actually classified in T43 (double below knee). She studies commercial economy at the Johan Cruyff University in Amsterdam.
Van Rhijn is a member of the Dutch Parathletics Team of the Koninklijke Nederlandse Atletiek Unie. Despite qualifying as T43, she competes in the class T44 at the 100 and 200 meters. She qualified for the 2012 Summer Paralympics in May 2012, while competing at the Roma Stadio Olimpico.
Until 2009, Van Rhijn was a member of the national team for swimmers with a disability. Amongst others, she was swimming at a World and a European championship. She swam several Dutch national records. She competed the S9 class and focused on the 50 and 100 meter freestyle. She stopped swimming competitively in 2010 due to lack of motivation.
|100 m (sport class T44)|
(world record; personal best)
|heats||1 September 2012||2012 Summer Paralympics||London, United Kingdom|
||Silver||2 September 2012||2012 Summer Paralympics||London, United Kingdom|
|13.62||Gold||27 June 2012||IPC Athletics European Championships||Stadskanaal, Netherlands|
|200 m (sport class T44)|
(world record; personal best)
|Gold||2 September 2012||2012 Summer Paralympics||London, United Kingdom|
|26.97||series||5 September 2012||2012 Summer Paralympics||London, United Kingdom|
|50 m Breaststroke (sport class SB8)|
|n/a||8 March 2009||n/a||Esbjerg, Denmark|
|50 m Freestyle (sport class S9)|
|n/a||10 May 2009||n/a||Antwerp, Belgium|
|100 m Freestyle (sport class S9)|
|n/a||24 October 2009||n/a||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|200 m Freestyle (sport class S9)|
|n/a||29 May 2009||n/a||Berlin, Germany|
|400 m Freestyle (sport class S9)|
|n/a||21 October 2009||n/a||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Dutch Disabled Sportsman / woman of the Year
- "Zilver Van Rhijn,brons Hertog" NOS, 2 september 2012
- "Blade Babe Marlou van Rhijn op weg naar de perfecte race" Metronieuws, 28 augustus 2012
- Marlou van Rhijn aka Blade Babe wins gold in 100m T44 and teammates take silver and bronze
- "van Rhijn, Marlou". ipc.infostradasports.com. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Eva Rooijers. "Marlou van Rhijn: ‘Ik houd heel erg van winnen’". Folia (in Dutch). Cruyff Institute. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- (Dutch) atletiekunie.nl
- "Golden Gala 2012: Marlou Van Rhijn record mondiale paralimpico 100m" (in Italian). SportLive. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- (Dutch) "Wereldrecord voor Van Rhijn". nu.nl. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- (Dutch) "Van Rhijn pakt paralympisch goud in wereldrecord". nl.nl. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- (Dutch) "Van Rhijn noteert wereldrecord". nu.nl. 5 September 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Marlou van Rhijn - Personal records" (in Dutch). Xzweml.nl. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marlou van Rhijn.|