Marsiling MRT Station
Marsiling MRT Station
马西岭地铁站 (Mǎxīlǐng Dìtiězhàn)
Stesen MRT Marsiling
A train departing Marsiling MRT station.
|Address||71 Woodlands Avenue 3
|Opened||10 February 1996|
|Operator||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
The government came up with a proposal to build the North South Line Woodlands Extension in 1990 with the aim of extending the then existing North-South and East-West lines, thus connecting Choa Chu Kang in the West to Yishun in the North. Marsiling was one of the four stations in the initial proposal which was later expanded to six. Construction commenced in 1991 and the station was opened on 10 February 1996 along with the other five stations on the Woodlands Extension. Formerly named Woodlands West, it was renamed to Marsiling in 1994.
Following numerous incidents of commuters falling on the tracks and unauthorized intrusions, the Land Transport Authority made the decision in 2008 to install half-height platform screen doors (HHPSD) for all above-ground stations in phases. HHPSDs started operation from 22 December 2011 with Admiralty.
Due to the station's proximity to neighbouring Housing and Development Board apartment blocks, a privacy screen was built along the tracks at the side of the station (southbound platform) facing these apartment blocks for privacy.
High volume, low speed (HVLS) fans
Station installed with Rite Hite Revolution High Volume, Low Speed (HVLS) fans and commenced operations on 21 November 2012.
|L2||Platform A||North South Line towards via Jurong East (→) Kranji|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform B||North South Line towards via Marina South Pier (←) Woodlands|
|L1||NSL Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control|
- A: Marsiling Primary School
- B: Woodlands Street 11, Woodlands Stadium & Swimming Complex
- C: Woodlands Stadium & Swimming Complex, Fuchun CC, Metta Home, Orange Valley Nursing Home, Sembawang Town Council, Woodlands Avenue 3, Woodlands Polyclinic
- D: Woodlands Centre Road
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon – Fri||Sat||Sunday &
|North South Line|
|to NS1 Jurong East||5.41am||5.40am||6.04am||12.06am|
|to NS28 Marina South Pier||5.24am||5.24am||5.41am||11.12pm|
|to NS19 Toa Payoh||–||–||–||11.48pm|
|to NS16 Ang Mo Kio||–||–||–||12.21am|
|to NS7 Kranji||–||–||–||12.54am|
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 10, 2003). "Woodlands MRT line". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Wong, Siew Ying (January 26, 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved February 1, 2012.