|Arkansas State Treasurer|
January 9, 2007 – May 21, 2013
|Preceded by||Gus Wingfield|
|Succeeded by||Charles Robinson|
|Member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from District 79|
|Born||1944/1945 (age 69–70)|
|Residence||Jackson County, Arkansas|
|Alma mater||Memphis State University|
Shoffner was born and raised in Jackson County. Born to a farmer and a school teacher, she graduated from Newport High School and attended Memphis State University and Arkansas State University. She started working in advertising. and is also a licensed real estate agent.
She was elected to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 1996. After being term limited, she was an unsuccessful candidate for the Democratic nomination for the state auditor. In 2005, Shoffner announced her candidacy for state treasurer on the steps of the Jackson County Courthouse. After being outspent almost 3-to-1 Shoffner was elected to the office in 2006.
She was subsequently indicted on June 5, 2013 by a Federal Grand Jury on six counts of extortion under color of official right, one count of attempted extortion under color of official right, and seven counts of receipt of a bribe by an agent of a state government receiving federal funds. 
- DeMillo, Andrew (May 21, 2013). "Arkansas Treasurer Marth Shoffner Resigns Amid Charges She Took Cash". Arkansas Business. Associated Press. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "Meet Treasurer Shoffner". Arkansas State Treasury. Retrieved 17 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Election changes Arkansas’ political landscape". Arkansas News. Retrieved 17 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Gov. Mike Beebe wins re-election". Paragould Daily Press. Retrieved 17 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Representative Martha Shoffner (Representative)". Arkansas State Legislature. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Treasurer Martha Shoffner is holding onto the state’s purse strings while bringing Arkansas art into her office. She still cherishes her family ties around Newport.". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI". Arkansas Business. May 18, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- FORMER ARKANSAS STATE TREASURER MARTHA ANN SHOFFNER INDICTED ON FEDERAL CHARGES OF EXTORTION AND RECEIPT OF BRIBES (U.S. Departmentt of Justice Press Release June 5, 2013)
|This article about an Arkansas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|