|Member of the Wisconsin Senate
from the 28th district
|Preceded by||Lynn S. Adelman|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 84th district
|Preceded by||Marc Duff|
|Succeeded by||Mark Gundrum|
October 3, 1952 |
|Residence||New Berlin, Wisconsin|
Mary Lazich is a Republican member of the Wisconsin Senate, representing the 28th District since a special election in April 1998. She was previously a member of the Wisconsin Assembly from 1993 through 1998.
Lazich received a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, graduating summa cum laude. She was a New Berlin city councilwoman from 1986 through 1992, and a Waukesha County Board supervisor from 1990 through 1993.
In 2004, Lazich was criticized for lying about her vote for Senate Majority Leader.
2011 recall attempt
Senator Lazich was the subject of a recall attempt as part of the 2011 Wisconsin protests due to her support of Governor Scott Walker's budget repair bill that repeals collective bargaining on benefits for public employees.
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2000|
|Democratic||Kathleen S. Arciszewski||29,519||32.46%|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2004|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2008|
- Masse, Ryan (November 16, 2004). "Senator admits to lying about vote". The Badger Herald. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Committee to Recall Lazich". Wisconsin Government Accountability Board. March 9, 2011. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/07/2000; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. November 30, 2000. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/02/2004; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. December 1, 2004. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/04/2008; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. November 24, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- Senator Mary Lazich at the Wisconsin State Legislature
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- 28th Senate District, Senator Lazich in the Wisconsin Blue Book (2005–2006)
|This article about a Wisconsin politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|