|President of the Wisconsin Senate|
January 5, 2015
|Preceded by||Michael Ellis|
|Member of the Wisconsin Senate
from the 28th district
|Preceded by||Lynn Adelman|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 84th district
January 1993 – April 1998
|Preceded by||Marc Duff|
|Succeeded by||Mark Gundrum|
October 3, 1952 |
Loyal, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee|
Mary Lazich is a Republican member of the Wisconsin Senate, representing the 28th District since a special election in April 1998. She was previously a member of the Wisconsin Assembly from 1992 through 1998.
Lazich received a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, graduating summa cum laude. She was a New Berlin city councilwoman from 1986 through 1992, and a Waukesha County Board supervisor from 1990 through 1993.
In 2004, Lazich was criticized for lying about her vote for Senate Majority Leader.
2011 recall attempt
Senator Lazich was the subject of a recall attempt as part of the 2011 Wisconsin protests due to her support of Governor Scott Walker's budget repair bill that repeals collective bargaining on benefits for public employees. However, the recall attempt failed to get enough signatures to be put on the ballot.
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2000|
|Democratic||Kathleen S. Arciszewski||29,519||32.46%|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2004|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 28 Election 2008|
- Masse, Ryan (November 16, 2004). "Senator admits to lying about vote". The Badger Herald. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Committee to Recall Lazich". Wisconsin Government Accountability Board. March 9, 2011. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/07/2000; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. November 30, 2000. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/02/2004; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. December 1, 2004. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Fall General Election – 11/04/2008; State Senate, District No. 28" (PDF). Wisconsin State Elections Board. November 24, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- Senator Mary Lazich at the Wisconsin State Legislature
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- 28th Senate District, Senator Lazich in the Wisconsin Blue Book (2005–2006)
|This article about a Wisconsin politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|