|Member of Parliament
for Brentford and Isleworth
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Ann Keen|
4 January 1969 |
|Alma mater||University of Glasgow|
Mary Macleod is a British Conservative Party politician, who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Brentford and Isleworth since the 2010 general election. After a career in business consulting, she was a policy advisor to Queen Elizabeth II.
She lives within her constituency in Chiswick, and enjoys sport, music, travel and art.
On graduation, she joined Andersen Consulting and then Accenture, spending 20 years in business consulting working with large multinationals to help transform their business and develop their leaders. She was Chief of Staff and Chief Operating Officer for Group Operations at ABN AMRO, and then Group Communications Head of Transition at Royal Bank of Scotland.
Before her election, she was an Ambassador for ActionAid, a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and served as policy advisor to The Queen and the Royal Household at Buckingham Palace, advising on public relations, communications and strategic change within the monarchy.
From May 2010, she served on the Home Affairs Select Committee. In September 2010 she was appointment as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Rt Hon. Nick Herbert MP, Minister of State for Policing and Criminal Justice. She set up the All Party Parliamentary Group for Women in Parliament, and joined the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme as a Squadron Leader in the Royal Air Force. In September 2013, Macleod was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the new Culture Secretary, Maria Miller.
- "MacLeod Consulting Group Limited". Dellam Corporate Information. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Register of Members' Financial Interests as at 6th September 2010: Part 1: MacLeod, Mary (Brentford and Isleworth)". House of Commons. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Biography". Mary MacLeod MP. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "Mary MacLeod MP". Brentford and Isleworth Conservatives. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Mary Macleod MP official constituency website
- Mary Macleod MP Conservative Party profile
- Brentford and Isleworth Conservatives
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Brentford and Isleworth