Maryland Route 607
Maryland Route 607 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||1.54 mi (2.48 km)|
|Existed:||1936 – present|
|South end:||Woods Road near Jacobsville|
|MD 177 in Jacobsville|
|North end:||MD 173 in Jacobsville|
Maryland Route 607 (MD 607) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. The state highway runs 1.54 miles (2.48 km) from Woods Road south of MD 100 north to MD 173 in Jacobsville. MD 607 was constructed from MD 177 to MD 173 in the mid-1930s and extended to its present southern terminus in the early 1970s.
MD 607 begins as Magothy Bridge Road at an intersection with Woods Road and Seaborne Drive near Jacobsville. Magothy Bridge Road continues south and west as a county highway toward a crossing of the Magothy River and on to Pasadena. MD 607 heads north and temporarily becomes a two-lane divided highway around its intersection with MD 100 (Paul T. Pitcher Memorial Highway). The state highway continues north to the center of Jacobsville, where the road meets MD 177 (Mountain Road). MD 607 continues north as Hog Neck Road to its northern terminus at MD 173 (Fort Smallwood Road).
MD 607 was constructed from MD 177 to MD 173 in 1936. The highway was extended south to its present terminus in 1970, shortly before the completion of MD 100 from MD 2 in Pasadena to MD 177 east of Jacobsville.
|0.00||0.00||Magothy Bridge Road west / Woods Road east / Seaborne Drive north||Southern terminus|
|0.44||0.71||MD 100 (Paul T. Pitcher Memorial Highway) – Gibson Island, Glen Burnie|
|0.78||1.26||MD 177 (Mountain Road) – Gibson Island, Pasadena|
|1.54||2.48||MD 173 (Fort Smallwood Road) – Riviera Beach, Fort Smallwood||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Anne Arundel County (PDF)
- Google (2010-06-04). "Maryland Route 607" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- National Highway System: Washington, DC-VA-MD (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. October 1, 2012. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1936). Map of Maryland Showing State Road System (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1970). Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
- Maryland State Roads Commission (1971). Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission.
Route map: Bing