MathTime (sometimes MathTıme) is a commercial set of Times compatible mathematical type family for TeX, created by Michael Spivak. Used together with Times, it is one of the few typefaces that provide full-featured text and mathematical typesetting within TeX.
MathTime has been available in three variants:
- MathTime 1.x: contains the Times compatible TeX math italic, math symbol and math extension font.
- MathTime Plus: contains the Times compatible TeX math italic, math symbol and math extension font in bold and "heavy" (extra bold), used in addition to MathTime 1.x.
- MathTime Professional 2: A redesigned, optical scaling (matching the 9 or 10 pt Times Ten, 7 pt Times Seven, and 5½ pt Times Small Text) version free of license restriction by Monotype Corporation, and includes (in addition to the variants from 1.x/Plus) the AMS symbols, upright script, (sans-serif) blackboard bold and "holey Roman" (serifed blackboard bold) math fonts, and extra large operators.
MathTime 1.x and MathTime Plus was sold by (the now defunct) Y&Y, while MathTime Professional 2 is marketed by PCTeX. MathTime has been widely adopted by academic publishers such as by Elsevier, American Physical Society, and Springer.
- TrueTeX's Belleek is a metrically identical (but significantly different in shape) free replacement font for MathTime 1.x.
- M. Spivak, PracTeX J. 2006(1) (2006).
- Y&Y – Scalable Font Options for TeX
- PCTeX – MathTime Professional 2 Fonts
- e.g. in Physics Letters B
- e.g. in Physical Review C
- Springer-Verlag – Leitfaden für die Produktion, section 9.2 (German)
- CTAN – Belleek
- MicroPress – TM Math Font Package
|This typography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|