Old Bell Tower in Büderich.
|• Mayor||Dieter Spindler (CDU)|
|• Total||64.37 km2 (24.85 sq mi)|
|Elevation||29 - 41 m (−106 ft)|
|• Density||840/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||40667, 40668, 40670|
|Dialling codes||02132, 02150, 02159|
Meerbusch, a town in Rhein-Kreis Neuss, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, has been an incorporated city since 1970. Meerbusch is the municipality with the most income millionaires in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Meerbusch is a town in the Lower Rhine region of northwestern Germany. It is located between Krefeld and Düsseldorf near Düsseldorf International Airport and Messe Düsseldorf. Other neighbouring towns and cities are Duisburg, Kaarst, Willich and Neuss. The total area of 36 square kilometres is divided into:
|Division||Area (km²)||Area (%)||Population|
Division of the town
The town is composed of eight large and small villages which used to be independent communities before the municipality was created: Büderich, Osterath, Lank-Latum, Ossum-Bösinghoven, Strümp, Langst-Kierst, Nierst and Ilverich.
Many companies have set up offices in the town's several light industrial estates. Most significantly, IMAV-Hydraulik GmbH has its headquarters in "Breite Straße" and Epson, Ernst-Rademacher GmbH, Nedap, ATHLON, BOBST GROUP and Kyocera Mita have settled in the business park at Mollsfeld, part of a large development called "Mollsfeld North". Thanks to its excellent motorway connections (A57 and A44) the town boasts several business parks and light industrial estates, also featuring logistics oprations. The "Fritz-Wendt-Straße" industrial estate in Strümp was developed because of the grinding technology company Wendt GmbH. The "In der Loh" business park in Lank is home to businesses in the SME sector such as Abit AG and KUPP GmbH, and features modern architecture in "Robert-Bosch-Straße".
- Florian Schneider (born Florian Schneider-Esleben, 7 April 1947, Kattenhorn,Germany). One of the founding members of electronic music band Kraftwerk.
The town has produced some of local football club Borussia Mönchengladbach's most outstanding youth soccer talent, including:
- Niklas Bolten, goalkeeper of its Under 23 Regionalliga West team, the Germany national youth football team at the Under 19 level and the Niederrheinauswahl team. Bolten is famous for his in-flight rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe in 2012, while returning from Istanbul following the team's 3-0 Europa League victory against Fenerbahçe.
- Louis Ferlings, midfielder and captain of its Under 17 Bundesliga team and the Niederrheinauswahl team.
- Ekaterina Moré, Russian painter and author.
- "Amtliche Bevölkerungszahlen". Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW (in German). 4 September 2014.
- Landesamt für Datenverarbeitung und Statistik Nordrhein-Westfalen. "Income Millionaires in North Rhine-Westphalia in 2001 and 2004" (PDF) (in German). Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Statistical Yearbook of Meerbusch 2007" (PDF) (in German). Retrieved 2009-05-30.
Media related to Meerbusch at Wikimedia Commons
- Meerbusch official website
- Meerbusch Information about the City of Meerbusch
- Meerbusch Alte Kirchturm
|This Rhein-Kreis Neuss location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|