Mestemacher is a German food company based in Gütersloh. It was founded in 1871.
A leading classic retail grocery trader in Germany, Mestemacher specializes in pre-packaged Vollkornbrot - German-style dark wholegrain bread and other international varieties. These products are different from the conventional pre-packaged breads and baked items.
The history of Mestemacher began in 1871 when master shoemaker Johann Heinrich Mestemacher started a modest bakery factory in Gütersloh for his 20 year-old son Wilhelm, a master baker. After 35 years in the bakery business, in 1910, Wilhelm introduced a specialist bakery for pumpernickel.
- Young For Life – Marilyn Diamond, Donald Schnell. p. 223.
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease – Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr., M.D. p. 252.
- "Mestemacher Natural and Organic Bread". carlbrandt.com. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Mestemacher Ratings & Reviews". goodguide.com. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Detmers, Dr. Ulrike. "THE LIFESTYLE BAKERY CONCEPT". mestemacher-gmbh.com. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|