||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Haussman's internationally acclaimed commercials have won numerous awards and are featured in advertising books and trade journals. They include the latest world wide campaign for Diesel Loverdose featuring model Ashley Smith, as well as campaigns for Levi's, Absolut, BMW, Yves Saint Laurent, Guinness, Adidas, Ray-Ban, Volkswagen, Coca-Cola, Budweiser and Replay Jeans.
Haussman has directed music videos for such artists as Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Chemical Brothers, Kanye West, Usher, Shakira, Chris Cornell, Jennifer Lopez, Eric Clapton, and B.B. King. His videos have won several MTV and VH1 awards, including MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year and the prestigious Museum Of Modern Art award.
Haussman wrote and directed the experimental film, Rhinoceros Hunting in Budapest, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. Following, he completed a feature-length documentary about two matadors and the world of bullfighting, entitled The Last Serious Thing.
A Study in Gravity is Haussman's most recent experimental art project. It is a study of gravity's effect on human emotion told through five high definition video sequences filmed at 2,000 frames per second. It was chosen by LA Weekly as one of the top ten pieces of art this year in Art Platform Los Angeles. The entire 'Gravity' show opened January 17, 2013 in the Pacific Design Center.
Haussman has done print campaigns for Philips, Replay Jeans, Lancôme's Tresor fragrance and worldwide print and billboards for Martini. His photographic interest in diverse cultures is displayed in Where they Play, a book documenting football (soccer) fields from around the world, and revealing each culture's interpretation of a field within their environment, including perspectives from Guatemala, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and expanding to include Morocco, Italy, and England, etc.
As a painter Haussman's solo art show 'Naturales', featuring large-scale matador and bull paintings, in ink on paper, premiered at the Desoto Gallery in Los Angeles, and was later featured at theNew York Scope Art Fair, and a Group Showing in Los Angeles. 'Naturales' also opened in Rome.
Michael is attached to direct Bone Game, a remake of the Nicholas Ray film The Lusty Men (1952). Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum are attached to star. It is being produced by RKO. He is currently in pre-production on Moment of Bliss, a movie he wrote and is directing about the lives of five different people intersecting in one day, in Seville. It is being produced by Arcadia Motion Pictures.
Michael just wrapped The Unsinkable Henry Morgan, a documentary for the Sundance Channel on the discovery of Captain Morgan's famous fleet of pirate ships, which sunk off the coast of Panama in 1671. The documentary premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2013.
Awards and nominations
|This section requires expansion. (September 2013)|
- Rhinoceros Hunting in Budapest (1997)
- Abandoned '58 (2002)
- Blind Horizon (2003)
- The Last Serious Thing (2003)
- Jack Taylor Of Beverly Hills (2007)
- A Study in Gravity (2013)
Making the video TV series
- Chris Cornell - "You Know My Name"
- Jennifer Lopez - "Qué Hiciste"
- Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland - "SexyBack"
- Britney Spears - "Someday (I Will Understand)" - Mini Behind The Scenes
- Shakira featuring Alejandro Sanz - "La Tortura"
- Dambrot, Shana Nys (October 2, 2012). "10 Great Artworks at Art Platform Los Angeles Art Fair". LA Weekly. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Sundance Channel And Diageo Partner On Dynamic Multi-Platform Sponsorship Deal". KUAM News. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Alperstein, Ellen (January 17, 2013). "This film should walk the plank". LA Observed. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Li, Sherrie (January 18, 2013). "No Satisfaction Yet in the Search for Captain Henry Morgan's Satisfaction". LA Weekly. Retrieved January 18, 2013.