Michael Vassar at the 2007 Singularity Summit
February 4, 1979|
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Fields||Personalized Medicine, Molecular Nanotechnology|
|Institutions||MetaMed, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Aon|
|Alma mater||Penn State (B.S.), Drexel University (M.B.A)|
|Influences||K. Eric Drexler, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Richard Feynman, Robin Hanson|
Michael Vassar (born February 4, 1979) is an American futurist, activist, and entrepreneur. He is the co-founder and Chief Science Officer of MetaMed Research. He was president of the Machine Intelligence Research Institute until January 2012.
Vassar advocates safe development of new technologies for the benefit of humankind. He has held positions with Aon, and the Peace Corps. He was a founder and Chief Strategist at SirGroovy.com, an online music licensing firm. He has co-authored papers on the risks of advanced molecular manufacturing with Robert Freitas, and has written the special report "Corporate Cornucopia: Examining the Special Implications of Commercial MNT Development" for the Center for Responsible Nanotechnology Task Force.
- About Us | MetaMed MetaMed. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Team | Singularity Institute Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Corporate Cornucopia: Examining the Special Implications of Commercial MNT Development The Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Calling All Transhumanists - The Singularity Summit 2009
- The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Michael Vassar
- 10 Questions with SIAI President Michael Vassar
- Accelerating Future Interview with Michael Vassar
- Lecture,"The Darwinian Method," at Singularity Summit 2010
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|