||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2015)|
Michael Vassar at the 2007 Singularity Summit
February 4, 1979|
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Fields||Personalized Medicine, Molecular Nanotechnology|
|Institutions||MetaMed, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Aon|
|Alma mater||Penn State (B.S.), Drexel University (M.B.A)|
|Influences||K. Eric Drexler, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Richard Feynman, Robin Hanson|
Michael Vassar (born February 4, 1979) is an American futurist, activist, and entrepreneur. He was president of the Machine Intelligence Research Institute until January 2012. He was the co-founder and Chief Science Officer of MetaMed Research from 2012 to 2015.
Vassar advocates safe development of new technologies for the benefit of humankind. He has held positions with Aon[disambiguation needed], and the Peace Corps. He was a founder and Chief Strategist at SirGroovy.com, an online music licensing firm. He has co-authored papers on the risks of advanced molecular manufacturing with Robert Freitas, and has written the special report "Corporate Cornucopia: Examining the Special Implications of Commercial MNT Development" for the Center for Responsible Nanotechnology Task Force.
- Team | Singularity Institute Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Clarke, Liat (24 April 2015). "The solution to saving healthcare systems? New feedback loops". Wired.co.uk. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
Tallinn learned the importance of feedback loops himself the hard way, after seeing the demise of one of his startups, medical consulting firm Metamed.
- About Us | MetaMed MetaMed. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Corporate Cornucopia: Examining the Special Implications of Commercial MNT Development The Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Calling All Transhumanists - The Singularity Summit 2009
- The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Michael Vassar
- 10 Questions with SIAI President Michael Vassar
- Accelerating Future Interview with Michael Vassar
- Lecture,"The Darwinian Method," at Singularity Summit 2010
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|