Promotional photo for the Lion Whisperer tour
|Born||16 May 1964|
|Genres||One-liner, Deadpan, Surreal humour|
|Subject(s)||Everyday life, Celebrities, Pop culture, Human interaction, Current events|
Milton Hywel Jones (born 16 May 1964) is an English comedian. His style of humour is based on one-liners involving puns delivered in a deadpan and slightly neurotic style. Jones has had various shows on BBC Radio 4 and is a recurring guest panellist on Mock the Week. He won the Perrier comedy award for best newcomer in 1996. Jones tours the UK periodically and is a regular performer at The Comedy Store in London and Manchester.
Jones grew up in Kew, London, his father is from South Wales. He attended Middlesex Polytechnic, gaining a diploma in dramatic art in 1985. He is married with three children and lives in Twickenham, London. Jones is a Christian, and has expressed frustration with atheist comedians.
Milton Jones became patron of the international Christian children's charity Chance for Childhood (formerly Jubilee Action) in May 2014. He has travelled to remote rural parts of Northern Uganda to support his work as patron and written blogs about his experiences such as "Something to Smile About, One Act of Kindness at a Time" and "If you give a man a loan you feed him an incentive".
- The Very World of Milton Jones
- The House of Milton Jones
- Another Case of Milton Jones
- Thanks A Lot, Milton Jones!
- Ten Second Sermons [DLT Books: 2011) ISBN 9780232528829 (Christian book with biblical and church-based one liners)
- Even More Concise 10 Second Sermons [DLT Books: 2013] ISBN 9780232530049 (the sequel to Ten Second Sermons)
- Milton Jones's House of Rooms (2012 Pilot of a Sit-com for Channel 4)
- 28 Acts in 28 Minutes (BBC, 60 seconds of stand-up)
- The Strangerers (Sky One)
- Not Going Out (writer)
- The Comedy Store
- The World Stands Up
- Live at Jongleurs
- Music Hall Meltdown (BBC, One-off variety programme)
- Planet Mirth
- Mock the Week
- Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow
- Lee Mack's All Star Cast
- Zulu Comedy Galla in Denmark
- Gonzola's Comedy Fest
- Live Universe Tour - Part 1 - Earth (2009)
- Lion Whisperer - (21 November 2011)
- On The Road - (25 November 2013)
- "Radio 4 Programmes - Another Case of Milton Jones". BBC. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Radio 4 Extra Programmes - The Very World of Milton Jones". BBC. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- Millar, Paul (14 June 2010). "Jones: 'It's pressured on Mock The Week' - TV News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Gagging for it". The Sydney Morning Herald. 18 March 2005. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Bennett, Steve. "Where Do Comedians Go When They Die? : News 2009 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". Chortle. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- Johns, Lawrence (10 February 2011). "There's more to Milton than just the 'surreal one-liners'". Herald & Post (Northampton: LSN Media Ltd). Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Moore, Cliff (3 October 2011). "Milton Jones, Bournemouth Pavilion". Bournemouth Daily Echo. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Rowden, Nathan (3 March 2011). "King of the one-liners in town for Aberystwyth gig". County Times. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- Katbamna, Mira (17 August 2011). "My first year at university". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- McAlpine, Emma (3 November 2009). "Milton Jones: Interview". Spoonfed (Spoonfed Media). Archived from the original on 9 November 2009. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- Evangelical Alliance (23 November 2010). "Culture Footprint:Milton Jones". Culture Footprint. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Milton Jones: I’m an Arsenal fan, but I loved Being Liverpool". Metro. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Milton Jones". noelgay.com. 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Milton Jones.|
- Official website
- Official website of Milton Jones' agent
- Chortle profile
- Milton Jones interview at The Beaver, 9 January 2007
- Milton Jones at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a British comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|