Ministry of Economy and Trade (Syria)
The Ministry of Economy and Trade (Arabic: وزارة الاقتصاد والتجارة) of Syria is the ministry that is responsible of drawing the state’s economic policy in general and trade policy in particular. It was established in 2003 as a replacement to the Ministry of Economy and Foreign Trade and the Ministry of Supply and Internal Trade.
- Directorates of Economy in the Governorates.
- Governorate domestic trade directorates.
- Central Administration.
Ministers of Economy and Trade
- Salim Said Yasin (1982–1985)
- Muhammad al-Imadi
- Ghassan Al Rifai (13 December 2001 – 4 October 2004)
- Amer Husni Lutfi (4 October 2004 – 19 January 2010)
- Lamia Assi (19 January 2010 – 29 March 2011)
- Mohammad Nidal al-Shaar (14 April 2011 – incumbent)