Ministry of Manpower (Singapore)
Logo of the MOM
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764|
|Annual budget||$1 billion SGD(2010)|
|Ministers responsible||Tan Chuan-Jin, Minister
Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State
Hawazi Daipi, Senior Parliamentary Secretary
|Agency executives||Loh Khum Yean, Permanent Secretary
Augustin Lee, Deputy Secretary
Ping Soon Kok, Deputy Secretary (Development)
|Child agencies||Central Provident Fund Board
Singapore Labour Foundation
Singapore Workforce Development Agency
The Ministry of Manpower (Abbreviation: MOM; Chinese: 新加坡人力部) is a ministry of the Government of Singapore which is responsible for the formulation and implementation of labour policies related to the workforce in Singapore.
To develop a productive workforce and progressive workplaces, for Singaporeans to have better jobs and a secure retirement.
Ministry of Manpower's vision of "A Great Workforce. A Great Workplace" serves to reflect the shared aspirations of MOMers for their ministry as an organisation. It also represents the aspiration of MOM to achieve "A Great Workforce and a Great Workplace" for Singapore.
"A Great Workforce. A Great Workplace" are presented as a pairing, because MOM sees the workplace as the container for human capital. Human capital realises its potential and creates value not in a vacuum but most often in organisational settings. The setting plays a critical part in determining whether individual talent is developed and potential realised, or remains latent and untapped.
MOM claims its vision embodies the aspirations of lifelong learning and the need for Singaporeans to adapt, learn and re-learn skills, attitudes and competencies for lifelong competitiveness and employability, in order to cope effectively with the demands of the changing economic environment; it also emphasizes the empowerment of people to create their own desired future. This involves capacity development, both individually through adult training and development, and collectively in teams, organisations and nationally.
The MOM oversees 14 divisions and 3 statutory boards. These are:
- Corporate Communications Department
- Corporate Planning Department
- Customer Responsiveness Department
- Foreign Manpower Management Division
- Income Security Policy Division
- International Manpower Division
- Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
- Legal Services Department
- Manpower Planning and Policy Division
- Manpower Research and Statistics Department
- Occupational Safety and Health Division
- National Human Resources Division
- Work Pass Division
- Workplace Policy and Strategy Division
- Central Provident Fund Board
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency
- Singapore Labour Foundation
- "Head O: Ministry of Manpower" (PDF). Budget 2010: Revenue and Expenditure Estimates. Ministry of Finance. February 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Singapore reshuffles Cabinet". Channel News Asia. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- Ministry of Manpower Vision, Mission and Values
- Ministry of Manpower Divisions and Statutory Boards
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Manpower (Singapore).|