Moron 5 and the Crying Lady
|Moron 5 and the Crying Lady|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Wenn Deramas|
|Produced by||Vicente del Rosario
Vic del Rosario Jr.
|Written by||Wenn Deramas
Mel Mendoza-Del Rosario
|Screenplay by||Mel Mendoza-Del Rosario
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Running time||105 minutes|
|Box office||PHP 64,642,363|
Moron 5 and the Crying Lady is a 2012 Filipino comedy film directed by Wenn V. Deramas, starring Luis Manzano, DJ Durano, Martin Escudero, Billy Crawford, Marvin Agustin, and John Lapus. It was released last April 7, 2012 and distributed by Viva Films.
It tells the story of five friends who are depicted to be stupid. They cross the path of a gay man who has a grudge against them, so much that the gay man, played by John Lapus, will do anything to bring them down.
Half-witted longtime friends Albert (Luis Manzano), Isaac (Billy Crawford), Mozart “Mo” (DJ Durano), Michaelangelo “Mike” (Martin Escudero) and Aristotle “Aris” (Marvin Agustin) were used to living moronic yet pretty normal and hassle-free lives until successful careerwoman Beckie Pamintuan (John Lapus) accused them of killing her father and ruin everything for them. The Moron 5 are more than sure of their innocence but for the life of them, they can't find any single satisfactory argument on how to prove it especially when their opponent would do everything to punish them for whim. Spending three miserable years in prison trying different failed comedic attempts to get out, they finally figured a way to escape. They stalked Beckie and tried to understand why she's fighting so hard to have them imprisoned when it's clear as day that what happened three years ago was a nonsense frame-up. An opportunity came when Beckie's driver got fired for having an affair with her maid and Albert volunteered to apply to replace him. He infiltrated the Pamintuan Residence and together with his four crazily daft friends, they've gathered information about the curious family yet to them, it isn't making any sense at all especially Vecky's unexplained hatred to the five of them. Why is Beckie fighting so hard to have them suffer? The Moron 5 will try harder to know and hopefully understand what's really going on although little did they know that by doing so, everything that they hold dear might be at risk.
Cast and Characters
- Luis Manzano as Albert Macapagal
- Billy Crawford as Isaac Estrada
- Marvin Agustin as Aristotle Ramos
- DJ Durano as Mozart Twister Aquino
- Mart Escudero/Matteo Guidicelli as Michael Angelo Marcos
- John Lapus as Beckie Pamintuan
- Carlos Agassi as Bully 1
- German Moreno as Isaac's Father
- Dennis Padilla as Michael's Father
- Arlene Muhlach as Isaac's Mother
- Deborah Sun as Mozart's Mother
- Jon Santos as Albert's Mother
- Roldan Aquino as Mozart's Father
- Joy Viado as Aristole's Tyahin
- Eagle Riggs as Principal
- Christopher Roxas as Bully 2
- Andrew Wolfe as Carding
- Tess Antonio as Teacher 1
- Dang Cruz as Teacher 2
- Aki Torio as Issac's Brother
- Eri Neeman as Bully 3
- Roden Araneta as Albert's Father
- Mark Felix as Young Albert
- Marco Barillo as Young Isaac
- Carlos Dala as Young Aristotle
- Kevin Kier Remo as Young Mozart
- Martin Luigie Venegas as Young Mike
- Kyle Ang as Young Beckie
- The main characters' first names were derived from great scientists and musician while their surnames were derived from Philippine Presidents.
- Beckie Pamintuan are common puns for gays in the Philippines, commonly called "Beki" if openly gay, and "Paminta" for bisexuals.
- Most likely the word Moron 5 was derived from the musical group Maroon 5.
- The first film is also a parody of the 2003 film Crying Ladies
A sequel, entitled "Moron 5.2: The Transformation", will be shown on November5, 2014. All lead stars but one reprised their roles in the original movie. Matteo Guidicelli joined the cast as Michael Angelo, replacing Mart Escudero. In an interview from Viva Entertainment Youtube Video, Guidicelli stressed that the character's (previously played by Escudero) face was accidentally burnt. His face was surgically restored in the story, following Guidicelli's face. The theatrical release will be on November 5, 2014.
- "Why Moron 5 and The Crying Lady is a 'first' for direk Wenn". Retrieved June 22, 2012.